Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-4 Stony Brook beats LSU 5-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not just the sec it's all over college baseball. As I said in another post the mlb draft reduction is putting players in college ball who would've been on minor league rosters just a few years ago. The talent is not just going to the big boys anymore it's being spread out
    This and many of our fans have no idea
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This and many of our fans have no idea
    Most people just watch their team and don't look at anyone else, so they have a very narrow view . I love baseball so I tend to watch a lot and I see the leveling of the playing field that's been happening across college baseball. We have work to do for sure.

Baseball is just different than other sports. You have to study it and most fans don't have the patience to do it

vCash
    It?s a private Methodist school about 25 miles away from Wake Forest. My nephew plays soccer there. Really nice facilities. Met Tubby Smith (he doesn?t coach there now) on my nephew?s official visit (yes I was invited to attend). Lots of wealthy alumni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    It?s a private Methodist school about 25 miles away from Wake Forest. My nephew plays soccer there. Really nice facilities. Met Tubby Smith (he doesn?t coach there now) on my nephew?s official visit (yes I was invited to attend). Lots of wealthy alumni.
    Nice. Cool info. Was Tubby nice?

But how would they feel being associated on a message board with one of the crappiest handguns in existence?***

vCash
    It seems the SEC is down as a whole. This seems like a year we could get a coastal Carolina type team to win it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I'm definitely a high point fan this weekend!

vCash
    Glad we won, hope we keep it going before Sec play. Our best pitcher tomorrow, anxious to watch his second start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So Clemson needs to look for a new coach it appears according to Elitedawg logic
    Ha. Sticking up for your fat ass incompetent buddy.

vCash
    The White Sox lost to the Cubs today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It seems the SEC is down as a whole. This seems like a year we could get a coastal Carolina type team to win it
    Hmmm. The SEC is down? Seems like a great opportunity for a underachieving coach to turn his team around and make hay since his competition has softened. Too bad we don't have a Coach who can take advantage of a down SEC because the one we have sucked so bad at recruiting talent and then meshing them into a well oiled machine!
    Oh well. Looks like Lemonis will lead his charges to the bottom of the SEC again when all the SEC teams ahead of his are sucking it up!

vCash
    I'm sure 34 will acknowledge the talent on the LA Lakers and say based on Elitedawgs basketball gurus they should never ever lose a game. Good teams lose games: acknowledged! When they were NOT a good team last year or the year before, and start slowly after too horrible years, there are or were likely changes made. LSU wasn't horrible before they got a new coach. Not surprised UK got beat. Vandy, Florida, LSU, TCU, And the better teams have bought some leeway. Lemonis, not so much.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    OM currently getting deep dicked by....[checks notes]....

High Point
    They are awful. Very well may be the worst baseball team I?ve ever seen in the sec. And that?s saying a lot. They are literally AWFUL! If they win 6 games in sec play I?d be shocked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Most people just watch their team and don't look at anyone else, so they have a very narrow view . I love baseball so I tend to watch a lot and I see the leveling of the playing field that's been happening across college baseball. We have work to do for sure.

Baseball is just different than other sports. You have to study it and most fans don't have the patience to do it
    SEC teams are also figuring out their lineups like we are. Sometimes they're going to throw a pitcher who is absolutely going to get shelled and will pitch very little the rest of the year. The lineups won't be set. Things can happen. But when the rubber meets the road and it's regional time- the cream will rise to the top.

I think we would see a lot fewer upsets if the NCAA allowed college baseball teams to have a one weekend 4-5 game exhibition season. We could play someone like Delta State and figure out some things about our team and if Delta State beats us in a game it wouldn't matter. For example- the game we lost to Air Force- if he had been stretched out a little more we probably leave him in the game and we win.

You almost have to treat the first four weeks as an exhibition season if you are a SEC team but the problem is those games count and it has impact on the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    SEC teams are also figuring out their lineups like we are. Sometimes they're going to throw a pitcher who is absolutely going to get shelled and will pitch very little the rest of the year. The lineups won't be set. Things can happen. But when the rubber meets the road and it's regional time- the cream will rise to the top.

I think we would see a lot fewer upsets if the NCAA allowed college baseball teams to have a one weekend 4-5 game exhibition season. We could play someone like Delta State and figure out some things about our team and if Delta State beats us in a game it wouldn't matter. For example- the game we lost to Air Force- if he had been stretched out a little more we probably leave him in the game and we win.

You almost have to treat the first four weeks as an exhibition season if you are a SEC team but the problem is those games count and it has impact on the postseason.
    This is true a lot in baseball especially with pitching. Similar with what Jans did in out of conf. basketball too. Play Southern again right now, we beat them soundly.

vCash
    High Pointe athletic department representative picked us up and the first coach was Tubby. He took us in his office, sat at his coaches round table and we were with him for 45 minutes. One of the nicest, most courteous coaches I’ve ever been with. Hell he followed us to the elevators, and was still talking to us about everything related to High Pointe. It was pretty damn cool. We spent more time with him then their soccer coach, and that’s the program we were there to see.