Thread: Purcell

Banned
    vCash

Purcell

He?s getting real close to starting to see support start dwindling. Any coach I?ve ever known would have went nuts on them tonight. Every single issue was pure laziness in the fourth. It was the most embarrassing display I?ve seen under Purcell

vCash
    A 19 to 0 run to end the game for Kentucky.

vCash
    This is the 2nd game in a row we were up well into the 4th and let the other team come back to win. Sometimes I think Purcell is too nice, I love his enthusiasm and passion but we lack toughness and killer instincts and that's on him

vCash
    24-5 in the 4th. Ladies were up 63-54 after 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    This is the 2nd game in a row we were up well into the 4th and let the other team come back to win. Sometimes I think Purcell is too nice, I love his enthusiasm and passion but we lack toughness and killer instincts and that's on him
    You hit the nail on the head with being too nice. He's the Joe Moorehead of WBK for us

vCash
    Our post players are too soft and when they get physical they make mistakes and turnovers and fouls. Lauren Park Lane thinks this is her team and it isn't. He may have to sit her and let Jerkaila play the point and take back control of her team.

vCash
    This team has been terrible the last couple weeks. That LSU win sent them in the wrong direction. I blame the girls as much or more than Sam. This is an older group of girls. Even Jerk was bad tonight and she's a stud. Outside Carter, nobody was good. We can't hit shots and we don't play defense a lick. I've said all season we're big and slow. Bunch of heavy footed girls other than a couple.We looked gassed the 4th qtr too.

vCash
    5 pts in the 4th quarter and KY ends with a 19-0 run? wuff?

He ain?t nothing but a glorified cheerleader that can?t coach 💩?

vCash
    Maybe we need to fire him today.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Maybe we need to fire him today.
    Kinda gives you the feeling of Locker Room issues

vCash
    Purcell gives me Stansbury vibes. Great recruiter, average x and o, and bad locker room/discipline guy.

vCash
    Sam made chicken salad from chicken shit last year. I think we brought in so many new faces it's just not working. Tons of turnovers and no defense screams selfish basketball to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Sam made chicken salad from chicken shit last year. I think we brought in so many new faces it's just not working. Tons of turnovers and no defense screams selfish basketball to me.
    I think you nailed it. He is still young and somewhat inexperienced; he can recruit, and I hope he is learning fast. I think we will go dancing and make some noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think you nailed it. He is still young and somewhat inexperienced; he can recruit, and I hope he is learning fast. I think we will go dancing and make some noise.
    Agree.....Our last 3 games @Bama, @Auburn vs. Missouri........ the first two games won't be easy, we should be able to handle Missouri at home but I'd like to get all 3 to secure a solid bid. Sam better be careful though or we will be in a play in game again.

vCash
    Why is it that basketball players look like all world one game and pure dawg shit the next game. How many brain cells does it take to play at least two games in a row.

vCash
    Sounds like we lack conditioning. Second game in a row that we look totally gassed in the 4th Q and let a large lead slip away for a loss. Scored 5 points in the 4th Q against KY and 11 in the 4th Q against OM and most of those 11 against OM were scored in the first 4 minutes of that 4th Q. Didn't see the game last night but given KY finished on a 19-0 run doesn't sound like we did any scoring in the last 5 minutes of the game. It just really sounds like we are not in the shape we need to be to finish out games this deep into the season.

vCash
    I think it was more Purcell not getting them to run set plays. Carter carried the offense last night and we didn’t get much from our guard play last night. Worse 4th quarter I think I ever saw at MSU. It was awful.