Off the top of my head and not necessarily in any type of order
    1. Let Vitello say no interest
    2. Haire at Campbell
    3. Saarloos at TCU
    4. Mitch Canham at Oregon St.
    5. Chris Pollard at Duke
    6. Corey Muscara PC at Wake Forest
    7. Find out if Schlossnagle has forgiven A&M fans

Haire has been at the top of my list for two years. What ya'll got?

vCash
    Haire and Pollard would be my first two choices.

Wasikowski (sp?) at Oregon should also get a call

vCash
    There's just no way you don't call Butch Thompson. None. He may not get the job but he should be under consideration. He's taken Auburn to 2 world series in 7 years. He knows MSU baseball and he's from this area. You couldn't find a better fit.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Off the top of my head and not necessarily in any type of order
    1. Let Vitello say no interest
    2. Haire at Campbell
    3. Saarloos at TCU
    4. Mitch Canham at Oregon St.
    5. Chris Pollard at Duke
    6. Corey Muscara PC at Wake Forest
    7. Find out if Schlossnagle has forgiven A&M fans

Haire has been at the top of my list for two years. What ya'll got?
    All good candidates. Agree that Butch has worked himself into the list. But if he brings his Director of Player Development, all hell breaks loose.

My top guy is Vitello but that wishful thinking. I expect Bert Stare to post that Vitello and his husband are looking for a Starkville studio apartment together.

I don't think MSU should ignore the gravity of the PAC12 melt-down. All the left-behind schools are going to have huge budget troubles. I would haul everything from Oregon State. From Head Coach to Equipment Managers to Bus Driver. Everybody come-on down. Everybody in Starkville, except Parker, gets a pink slip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    There's just no way you don't call Butch Thompson. None. He may not get the job but he should be under consideration. He's taken Auburn to 2 world series in 7 years. He knows MSU baseball and he's from this area. You couldn't find a better fit.
    I'd prefer to not have a pitching oriented head baseball coach. But I agree he is in the conversation. But only after we get told "no" by several others.

IMO- Haire is a better fit for us. He's like John Cohen if Cohen was a Southern Baptist. And if he did get hired by us it would be a similar career arc as Ron Polk. We found Polk when he brought Georgia Southern to a regional during the Paul Gregory years and he impressed boosters who kind of followed him and then pounced on the opportunity to hire him after Bragan left for the Brewers. Bragan was originally chosen because of his MSU/MLB background but when it was obvious that he was a disaster former MSU player Alex Grammas helped us out when was hired as the Brewers manager and then hired Bragan away from MSU to coach 3B.

vCash
    - Make Vitello say no. Give him whatever he wants. (He prolly will, but you have to try)
    - Muscara wouldn’t be bad, but he has been in the NE most of his life I believe. He is one hell of a pitching coach tho. Would we be willing to bring his whole analytics staff with him or we play it cheap?
    - Haire. Should never make it past this point. He will accept unless someone else beats us to him.

This search shouldn’t be hard unless we make it hard. We have the AD who isn’t Cohen, now is the time to put up or shut up. Are we going to be a blue blood or not.

Also, if you haven’t listened to Thunder and Lighting from yest, listen. Robbie drops some straight up truth at the end at about 20 mins left mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    - Make Vitello say no. Give him whatever he wants. (He prolly will, but you have to try)
    - Muscara wouldn’t be bad, but he has been in the NE most of his life I believe. He is one hell of a pitching coach tho. Would we be willing to bring his whole analytics staff with him or we play it cheap?
    - Haire. Should never make it past this point. He will accept unless someone else beats us to him.

This search shouldn’t be hard unless we make it hard. We have the AD who isn’t Cohen, now is the time to put up or shut up. Are we going to be a blue blood or not.

Also, if you haven’t listened to Thunder and Lighting from yest, listen. Robbie drops some straight up truth at the end at about 20 mins left mark.
    Muscara has zero head coaching experience. I don't think we can risk that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Muscara has zero head coaching experience. I don't think we can risk that.
    Oh I totally agree. I would write Vitello a blank check and get him. I don’t care if we had to overpay or what. Look what he has done at a school who sucked at baseball… Just imagine what he could do here.

If he turned us down, you go hire Haire and be done with it. It’s that simple.

vCash
    Selmon let a FB coach go in season and he's prepping to do the same here. nothing more to discuss.

vCash
    Guys, Vitello turned down LSU.

He ain't coming here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

He ain't coming here
    Doesn?t mean you don?t ask. Make him tell you no

vCash
    You can scratch Vitello. No chance at all on that.Saarloos isn't moving either. Butch would be way down the list and Haire would take it before we got there. I'd go after Muscara, Can (not Canz), Haire, Pollard all before Butch.

vCash
    Just go get Haire from Campbell and call it a day. There is a reason he turned down jobs last off season. He was waiting for ours.

vCash
    this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Doesn?t mean you don?t ask. Make him tell you no
    I mean I can ask Livy Dunne if she wants to replace my wife and make her tell me no, but the end result will be the same

vCash
    I mean I can ask Livy Dunne if she wants to replace my wife and make her tell me no, but the end result will be the same
    At least you asked. Answer is a guaranteed no unless you ask

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I agree

vCash
    She's too little.

vCash
    Lol sure

vCash

He ain't coming here
    So what? We call him he says no. We say Ok and hire Haire. Easy Peasy.