Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: State vs Ole Miss basketball thread

vCash
    LSU could actually make a run to move into the NCAA field. If they beat us, they would get to 7-7 with the last 4 against teams with losing records. At 11-7 and presumably an improving NET, they'd probably be in.

We'll have to crush those dreams Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Tolu kept us in the game the first half. He had a 7?5? dude guarding him. Tolu haters, same ones who hated Q and Fitz.
    Tolu has haters?

We were +20 with Bell though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If they beat us, it'll most likely be a Q1 loss, so not a killer at all.
    I think that's true for 4 of our last 5 opponents. My point is we have a pretty tough schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Tolu kept us in the game the first half. He had a 7?5? dude guarding him. Tolu haters, same ones who hated Q and Fitz.
    Man don't try to come at me ever about being a Tolu hater, I talk alot of basketball on this board and you will never see me say anything negative about him. I was one of the main guys taking up for him when alot of non basketball guys wanted Jimmy Bell over him... that being said Tolu missed alot of free throws tonight, had a team leading 4 turnovers and only 6 rebounds which he can do more...

He definitely gave us much needed scoring but it just wasn't his best all around game tonight and that's ok I don't expect that nightly. You are coming at the wrong guy when it comes to Tolu

vCash
    I have trouble sharing links on my phone but Beard was a whiny bitch in postgame about fouls on our big guys.
    I really think his strategy for the game was to foul Tolu and Cam and it blew up on him in the first half when both of them shot FTs well and actually helped as Tolu started missing. His whining is to cover that his strategy ultimately did not work so he blames the refs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Cam had 11 points and made one field goal which was a 3 pointer. That has to be the weirdest stat line of the year.
    The way Cam came out at the beginning of the 2nd half set the Tone for the rest of the Team. Richard even said this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Man don't try to come at me ever about being a Tolu hater, I talk alot of basketball on this board and you will never see me say anything negative about him. I was one of the main guys taking up for him when alot of non basketball guys wanted Jimmy Bell over him... that being said Tolu missed alot of free throws tonight, had a team leading 4 turnovers and only 6 rebounds which he can do more...

He definitely gave us much needed scoring but it just wasn't his best all around game tonight and that's ok I don't expect that nightly. You are coming at the wrong guy when it comes to Tolu
    I like your post and insight usually., but you did rag on Tolu--he isn;t superman. When he touches they ball alot -he is going to have some turnovers. there are several post dissing Tolu--damn if not for Tolu we wouldn't have won. Now the player that should do more is Hub. Thankfully-Rams and Shak picked up their game. but They are experienced guys, Hub is a rookie. two of Tolu TOs were because they fouled Him. nobody is coming at you-

vCash
    23-39 from the FT line..... good grief. We're ranked 328/363 on FT%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I have trouble sharing links on my phone but Beard was a whiny bitch in postgame about fouls on our big guys.
    I really think his strategy for the game was to foul Tolu and Cam and it blew up on him in the first half when both of them shot FTs well and actually helped as Tolu started missing. His whining is to cover that his strategy ultimately did not work so he blames the refs.
    Dude has a punchable face.