Thread: Big day today on campus for 2025 guys

vCash

Big day today on campus for 2025 guys

Lots of big bodies in attendance today.

vCash
    I don't remember us having a day this early for the following years recruits.

Great job by Lebby. He's got some big time names on campus today. Recruiting looks a lot different right now and he's directly responsible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I don't remember us having a day this early for the following years recruits.

Great job by Lebby. He's got some big time names on campus today. Recruiting looks a lot different right now and he's directly responsible.
    I firmly believe he is saving NIL money for the 2025 class and not wasting it on transfers that won’t turn next years team into a good team. I’m totally on board with the strategy. Next year is a free year, if we get to 6-6, awesome, if not I’m not blaming Lebby for next years roster.

Let’s build for 2025 and beyond.

vCash
    Who all is on campus?

vCash
    Kennedy and Lebby are impressive with how they handle business and level with kids. I really do believe we are in good hands.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I firmly believe he is saving NIL money for the 2025 class and not wasting it on transfers that won’t turn next years team into a good team. I’m totally on board with the strategy. Next year is a free year, if we get to 6-6, awesome, if not I’m not blaming Lebby for next years roster.

This. All. Day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Kennedy and Lebby are impressive with how they handle business and level with kids. I really do believe we are in good hands.
    I agree.

vCash

Why do you think we are saving? Bc that's not the case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Interesting. Where did you hear that? Just wondering

vCash

No such thing as a free year. Nobody is expecting the man to come in and win 8 or 9 but you damn sure can’t afford to roll over and play dead in an expanded SEC either. We can’t afford to fall any more behind than we already is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I’m just assuming based on what I think our record will be next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Who all is on campus?
    Lots of 4 star and other 2026 recruits and some 4 star d-linemen for the 2025 class.

Off the top of my head from my Twitter:

Jaedon Hill 2026 RB from Tupelo. Daniel Hill's cousin I think.
    Malaki Page 2025 RB from Bay Springs
    Will Smith 2025 RB from Ocean Springs- undersized but runs a 4.4 40. Could be more of a KR guy.

Tristen Keys 2026 WR from Hattiesburg

Lonnie Shinn 2025 TE from New Hope

Grant Kitchens 2026 OT from Nanih Waiya (6'8" 290)- received offer.
    Matthew Parker 2025 OL from Jackson Prep
    Zaylin Deadeaux 2025 OL from Ocean Springs- received offer.
    Ayden Nowell 2026 OL from Brandon

Kevin Oatis- 4 star 2025 DL from Hattiesburg
    Reginald Vaughn- 4 star 2025 DL from Hartfield Academy
    JeRaylan McCoy- 4 star 2026 DL from Tupelo
    London Simmons- 2025 from Hartfield Academy

Tyshun Willis- 2025 EDGE from Velma Jackson. Will probably get an offer if he hasn't gotten one already.

Deuce Vance- 2025 CB from Hattiesburg. Plays QB for them but will likely play DB in college.
    Preston Ashley 2026 DB from Brandon. Dad played at Ole Miss.
    Bralan Womack- 4 star 2026 from Hartfield Academy.

Kenzie West- 2025 ATH from Hartfield Academy. May be a safety in college.

Probably left a few guys out.

We've already gotten Kamario Taylor, Caleb Cunningham, Micah Jones, Tyler Miller, Mario Nash, Harrison Cluff, Tyler Lockart, AJ Rice, and Cortez Thomas to visit last weekend. I know Akylin Dear is supposed to visit one weekend. I'm hopeful that we can get Anson Lewis, Tyreke Darden, Kaylon Pernell, Andrew Maddox, and Jacorby Hopson to at least visit as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I agree. He has a really good chance to be our best recruiter of all time. I think historically speaking Bob Tyler was our best recruiter and if he lands the players I think he is it's going to really up our profile.

I?m just assuming based on what I think our record will be next year.
    I think our NIL is still developing and growing. I think the "defensive recruiting woes" that we talk about are more about roster management than anything. We have one spot open right now so once that spot is filled we have to start cutting scholarships. I think Lebby is now more at the evaluation stage of the roster which will go on this spring and then we will see some cuts and see who emerges this spring and then go from there. I think there is a CB at USM we could easily pull the trigger on anytime we choose to do so if we want to. And I think he could be solid.

Based on the prospects we're getting to visit recently on the defensive side of the ball I think we will be fine.

Lebby having a lot of NIL experience at Oklahoma is going to turn into an advantage for us long term.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 01-21-2024 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lots of 4 star and other 2026 recruits and some 4 star d-linemen for the 2025 class.

Off the top of my head from my Twitter:

Jaedon Hill 2026 RB from Tupelo. Daniel Hill's cousin I think.
    Malaki Page 2025 RB from Bay Springs
    Will Smith 2025 RB from Ocean Springs- undersized but runs a 4.4 40. Could be more of a KR guy.

Tristen Keys 2026 WR from Hattiesburg

Lonnie Shinn 2025 TE from New Hope

Grant Kitchens 2026 OT from Nanih Waiya (6'8" 290)- received offer.
    Matthew Parker 2025 OL from Jackson Prep
    Zaylin Deadeaux 2025 OL from Ocean Springs- received offer.
    Ayden Nowell 2026 OL from Brandon

Kevin Oatis- 4 star 2025 DL from Hattiesburg
    Reginald Vaughn- 4 star 2025 DL from Hartfield Academy
    JeRaylan McCoy- 4 star 2026 DL from Tupelo
    London Simmons- 2025 from Hartfield Academy

Tyshun Willis- 2025 EDGE from Velma Jackson. Will probably get an offer if he hasn't gotten one already.

Deuce Vance- 2025 CB from Hattiesburg. Plays QB for them but will likely play DB in college.
    Preston Ashley 2026 DB from Brandon. Dad played at Ole Miss.
    Bralan Womack- 4 star 2026 from Hartfield Academy.

Kenzie West- 2025 ATH from Hartfield Academy. May be a safety in college.

Probably left a few guys out.

We've already gotten Kamario Taylor, Caleb Cunningham, Micah Jones, Tyler Miller, Mario Nash, Harrison Cluff, Tyler Lockart, AJ Rice, and Cortez Thomas to visit last weekend. I know Akylin Dear is supposed to visit one weekend. I'm hopeful that we can get Anson Lewis, Tyreke Darden, Kaylon Pernell, Andrew Maddox, and Jacorby Hopson to at least visit as well.

Those are just the ones that posted on Twitter, there were quite a few more that don?t post visits. 2 from Hartfield and 1 from Prep, 2 from Baton Rouge area that I know for sure were there as well. It was a great haul for Lebby to get these guys to campus this early.

vCash
    No wonder why Lebby had such a big smile on his face at the BB game.