Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Huge Opportunity for the basketball team tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I was kinda hoping for a 7 meltdown. Those are entertaining. And it's been awhile. LOL.
    I expected to lose. What I don't expect is our defense to be totally abused. I don't prefer to be a defense first team, but that's jans' style. If that's the style we gonna play, then okay it... this defense the last 3 games has been destroyed (by 3 great offensive teams). I wanna see us pick up the D, and Hubbard can't go 1/11 from the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Yeah, this game is the only one where msu has sucked.
    Last week we beat a top 10 team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last week we beat a top 10 team
    I know you don't want to hear this, but that had way more to do with TN than it did MSU. I've never seen a team get the ball stolen more from inbounding and still manage to win the game. No way in hell we should have won that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I know you don't want to hear this, but that had way more to do with TN than it did MSU. I've never seen a team get the ball stolen more from inbounding and still manage to win the game. No way in hell we should have won that game.
    We shot better than them from 3 and 2. Rebounds were even. Assists were even. We had 2 more TOs than them. Game was very equal in stats. We earned that win, sorry

vCash
    I don’t see any reason at this point why we don’t just start Hubbard. Davis gives us nothing as a starter. He can’t score and tonight he had one damn assist. Hubbard needs to run the show and Fort needs more of Davis’s minutes.

vCash
    We have to find a way to get one more win at least against Auburn (2) @UF, @OM or @Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    I don’t see any reason at this point why we don’t just start Hubbard. Davis gives us nothing as a starter. He can’t score and tonight he had one damn assist. Hubbard needs to run the show and Fort needs more of Davis’s minutes.
    Maybe so, but Hubbard was awful tonight 1/11 is unacceptable

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Hubbard
    Forte
    Jones
    Mathews
    Tolu

vCash
    I expected to lose. What I don't expect is our defense to be totally abused. I don't prefer to be a defense first team, but that's jans' style. If that's the style we gonna play, then okay it... this defense the last 3 games has been destroyed (by 3 great offensive teams). I wanna see us pick up the D, and Hubbard can't go 1/11 from the field.
    No melt then?? Bummer ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    If the refs will relax a little we can win tonight.
    I'm still laughing at the fact that some of you actually thought we might win. How many times in the series have we beaten them there? If the eye test wasn't enough then history alone should've told you something.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm still laughing at the fact that some of you actually thought we might win. How many times in the series have we beaten them there? If the eye test wasn't enough then history alone should've told you something.
    1962, 1967, 1995, 2009 only times we have ever won at Rupp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Kentucky in basketball is to us what Alabama has been in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Hubbard
    Forte
    Jones
    Mathews
    Tolu
    I’m good with Shak still starting. He is shifty and can still get some junk points around the rim. But I’d have Fort first off the bench as his backup. Davis can have the fill in minutes behind Hubbard, Shak and Fort.

vCash
    Maybe so, but Hubbard was awful tonight 1/11 is unacceptable
    He has been off since the TN game. In the last 2 games he is 4-22 at the 3.

vCash
    I'd sit Davis a little and let Shak, Hubbard and Fort be the primary gaurds. Davis hasn't done much this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I'd sit Davis a little and let Shak, Hubbard and Fort be the primary gaurds. No one has done much this season.
    FIFY

vCash
    understand--ya'll are bitching about defense but want to start Hubbard.. Hubbard is a weak defender, plus he is small. i think Fort is the better option. Shak is a good all around player. Let Jans figured out the best lineup--he sees them everyday.. also it isn't just MSU who can't beat Ky at Rupp--nobody can. Wake up!