Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decamerion Richardson

vCash
    word

vCash
    Heard Ole Miss enticed him then pulled his offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    They are struggling this week. Lost dcam, baron (high 4 star), and McDonald this week. All defensive guys. All highly rated. All transfer guys this cycle who were projected starters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You been reading a genespage optimist ...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Reading comprehension on this board is such a rare thing. The man never said anything negative about coach. He was stating what he knows is fact. You have been on this board long enough to realize Homedawg has access to things most of us don't. Quit being a drama Queen
    What are you talking about? Nobody mentioned cowbell. Maybe stay in youre lane. You have no idea what you are talking about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    No one knows what the hell CML was planning on doing or how he was possibly thinking of evolving his offense. I don't ... No one on this board does.

No one knows how good we would (or would not) have been last year, next year, etc

It would be outstanding IMO if we could just let the HOF Coach Rest "peacefully" in Peace.
    Well we have what 25-30 years of him doing the same thing so there is pretty good proof. Hope you are not a betting man.

On the RIP. All respect to CML the man, I liked a lot of things with him and what I saw was a good dude. As far as talking about on field stuff, nothing wrong with discussing all angles of that. Alive or gone, the good and bad is with all of us. I don't know why some are so thin skinned.

vCash
    No. Just a rumor I heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Well we have what 25-30 years of him doing the same thing so there is pretty good proof. Hope you are not a betting man.

On the RIP. All respect to CML the man, I liked a lot of things with him and what I saw was a good dude. As far as talking about on field stuff, nothing wrong with discussing all angles of that. Alive or gone, the good and bad is with all of us. I don't know why some are so thin skinned.
    Well ... Parsons doesn't appear to be his typical QB ... So there's that aspect. And constantly repeating the mantra Leach's recruiting sucked (which wasn't great but about like normal for us) doesn't get us anywhere either. Mullen didn't recruit well either.

CML wasn't perfect and not sure I agreed with everything he did but I was in wait and see mode for last year and the following years.

CML also did do at MSU what he always has done which is win games. I tend to believe he would figure out how to keep doing that. It may not have been always pretty but he won games.

And regardless of what anyone says, there are some here that Leach would never be able to anything right in their opinion, regardless .

And a lot of those just want to absolve last year's coaching staff of any responsibility at all too.

ETA: Not pointing specific fingers, just saying.

vCash
    Well ... Parsons doesn't appear to be his typical QB ... So there's that aspect. And constantly repeating the mantra Leach's recruiting sucked (which wasn't great but about like normal for us) doesn't get us anywhere either. Mullen didn't recruit well either.
    Actually Mullen recruited very well. He kept putting players in the league. His 2018 team he buily was absolutely loaded. Mullen didnt recruit WR well or many highly rated OL guys. But they saw raw talent that wasnt highly rated coming out of HS

I mention that about Leach because he simply didnt recruit that well at State in his short time here. Did he make it work for him? Absolutely. But you can see by the way Lebbo is having to completely retool the roster it wasnt left in the greatest of shape. Thats just a fact
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Actually Mullen recruited very well. He kept putting players in the league. His 2018 team he buily was absolutely loaded. Mullen didnt recruit WR well or many highly rated OL guys. But they saw raw talent that wasnt highly rated coming out of HS

I mention that about Leach because he simply didnt recruit that well at State in his short time here. Did he make it work for him? Absolutely. But you can see by the way Lebbo is having to completely retool the roster it wasnt left in the greatest of shape. Thats just a fact
    Or it's a product of the transfer portal and immediate eligibility elsewhere.

vCash
    No one knows what the hell CML was planning on doing or how he was possibly thinking of evolving his offense. I don't ... No one on this board does.

No one knows how good we would (or would not) have been last year, next year, etc

It would be outstanding IMO if we could just let the HOF Coach Rest "peacefully" in Peace.
    I do. I asked him. To his face. He thought running the qb was dumb. His answer not mine. I didn't make it up. If you asked the man a question you got an honest answer. He recruitd parson to pass. Not to change his philosophy. The fact he could tuck and run was a bonus. Nothing more nothing less
    Last edited by Homedawg; 01-17-2024 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Agreed. Bad mouthing a deceased coach who done a great job for our program is immature, embarrassing, sickening, and should be permanently ban worthy
    Who bad mouthed him?? Not me. Look dude I hung out w him. My comment was based on fact. No conjecture. And it wasn't criticizing him. I have. His recruiting. He didn't like it. Didn't work at it and it shows. Sorry but it's true. But my previous post was informing not criticizing.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 01-17-2024 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Who bad mouthed him?? Not me. Look dude I hung out w him. My comment was based on fact. No conjecture. And it wasn't criticizing him. I have. His recruiting. He didn't like it. Didn't work at it and it shows. Sorry but it's true. But my previous post was informing not criticizing.
    Same. I’ve never said one bad thing about him personally. Loved his personality. Critiquing his job as coach is not off limits. Just like it wouldn’t be for Bobby Bowden or Vince Dooley

vCash

CML wasn't perfect and not sure I agreed with everything he did but I was in wait and see mode for last year and the following years.

CML also did do at MSU what he always has done which is win games. I tend to believe he would figure out how to keep doing that. It may not have been always pretty but he won games.

And regardless of what anyone says, there are some here that Leach would never be able to anything right in their opinion, regardless .

And a lot of those just want to absolve last year's coaching staff of any responsibility at all too.

Leach got best available QB, he wasn't after a running QB. How do I know? He had an experienced QB in Shradder that he moved to WR. That is how I know. If he wanted to tweak his approach he had the perfect formula to do it and at MSU too.

MSU his last year was kinda like OM this year but OM had a better year. OM was 4 plays from being 6-6. The 9 win season I don't think we beat more than 1 team with a winning record. We and OM took advantage of a down year so to speak. We still won 9 games, just not as dramatic as some want it to be. We've had teams only win 7 games in a 11 game season that were way better than that last 9 win team.

vCash
    And Lebby can put a much better product on the field in 24 and still struggle to win 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Leach got best available QB, he wasn't after a running QB. How do I know? He had an experienced QB in Shradder that he moved to WR. That is how I know. If he wanted to tweak his approach he had the perfect formula to do it and at MSU too.

MSU his last year was kinda like OM this year but OM had a better year. OM was 4 plays from being 6-6. The 9 win season I don't think we beat more than 1 team with a winning record. We and OM took advantage of a down year so to speak. We still won 9 games, just not as dramatic as some want it to be. We've had teams only win 7 games in a 11 game season that were way better than that last 9 win team.
    What I was really trying to get across is that, while I didn't agree with everything Leach did, I was waiting to see how it evolved especially when it comes to winning games. On recruiting, I know he didn't like it but ultimately he had to win games and would have to adapt to transfer portal and NIL (I thought he might not do that well in all honesty). But I was still in wait and see mode due to his track record of winning and doing more with much less.

Schrader isn't his type of QB cause he's a run first QB. Hard to get that out of a QB. FWIW ...Saban, Smart, Kelly, and Heupel ain't looking for run first QBs either (Saban did take Hurts tho). Mobile, but not "primary receiver covered ... run" type of QBs. Accuracy is premium with all 5 coaches.

Not gonna keep debating all this. JMHO.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-18-2024 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Nobody wants a run first QB anymore except Navy

vCash
    CML wasn't transitioning his offense. He wanted parson bc he liked the way he threw it. It just so happened he was mobile. He didn't change his criteria of what he was looking for and wasn't changing how he was going to do things. He had his way and that's what he did. Trust me wasn't changing.

I do. I asked him. To his face. He thought running the qb was dumb. His answer not mine. I didn't make it up. If you asked the man a question you got an honest answer. He recruitd parson to pass. Not to change his philosophy. The fact he could tuck and run was a bonus. Nothing more nothing less
    It's true that Leach wouldn't have changed the offense as far as plays go other than a few minor tweaks here and there. What would have changed with Parson is:

1. We would have thrown the ball downfield more. Which would have led to a more explosive offense.

2. Because of Parson's mobility he would have been able to buy himself more time than Will and would have scrambled more. Which would have also helped the offense without changing it very much.

Parson would have killed it in Leach's offense. The good news is he will also kill it in Lebby's offense. Or at least he has the skill set to. I'm not going to totally rule out him being beat out by Van Buren or even Kamario Taylor. That said, I do think he would be the front runner for the back up spot for this year and eventually starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

In other words Dan didn't recruit that well either. And you could say the same thing about him with Fitz as you could about Leach and Will and making it work. Just the opposite extreme with as far as running QB and passing QB.

We're re-tooling right now because we had a bunch of seniors and a bunch of guys recruited for another offense. Since Alabama has a ton of guys leaving I guess your argument is that Bama didn't recruit well either? Players go to certain schools to play for a Leach or a Saban. When legends leave the players left are not going to stick around to play in another scheme that doesn't fit them. And coaches don't have to keep them and can get players that do fit. Welcome to the portal era.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 01-18-2024 at 09:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    And Lebby can put a much better product on the field in 24 and still struggle to win 6.
    If we can increase our offensive production by seven points per game or more we absolutely could win 8.

Following up that absolute shitshow of an offense that Barbay had last year I think that's very possible.