Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best take fron Yesterday

vCash
    And if I was JJ my 1st pick would be Brock the UGa TE the rest would be big ass DLinemen and run stopping LBs/ I would trade for Simmons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Quinn is busy trying to find a HC job, he is over-rated ut so is McCarthy, his time has passed.
    I thought the same thing during the game. Much like Mullen, Quinn was too busy dreaming about another HC gig. McCarthy is just a meathead.
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 01-15-2024 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They still love Romo over there. Some of this was on Dak but the majority was on The coaching staff. They were not prepared at all. Dal getting the Don Meredith treatment. And Dandy Don had better personnel surrounding him.
    Romo sucked in the playoffs too. Not a big game QB either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And if I was JJ my 1st pick would be Brock the UGa TE the rest would be big ass DLinemen and run stopping LBs/ I would trade for Simmons.
    I doubt seriously he will be there when cowboys pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I doubt seriously he will be there when cowboys pick
    Jerry will probably pick some slow ass smurf LB from wacatache state just to prove how smart he is.

vCash
    Anyone think Jerry is too involved? Does he get involved in game day planning? Play calling?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Anyone think Jerry is too involved? Does he get involved in game day planning? Play calling?
    Gotta factor in some way. The fact this always seems to happen, i.e., coming out flat, terrible game plans, terrible body language, etc., there is definitely a culture issue.

vCash
    Playmaker is raising hell calling for McCarthy to be fired and for them to hire Belichick....listen to me here:

Hire Belichick for a couple years to install the culture- hire Vrabel as DC and HC in waiting. Boom
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Playmaker is raising hell calling for McCarthy to be fired and for them to hire Belichick....listen to me here:

Hire Belichick for a couple years to install the culture- hire Vrabel as DC and HC in waiting. Boom
    Dak won't last that long. Once he's gone I will go completely indifferent on the cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Dak won't last that long. Once he's gone I will go completely indifferent on the cowboys
    He's 30; got plenty of years left. What you mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He's 30; got plenty of years left. What you mean?
    I just don't see Dallas committing again to the point he could survive two more coaching changes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I just don't see Dallas committing again to the point he could survive two more coaching changes
    His cap hit his 60 mil next year. They have to extend him to lessen the blow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

100%! Would be great for Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    His cap hit his 60 mil next year. They have to extend him to lessen the blow.
    They're definitely gonna do everything they can to extend. Cap hits to big and he has a no tag, no trade in his contract. He's got all the leverage

vCash
    I want Dak in New Orleans because I am extremely selfish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I want Dak in New Orleans because I am extremely selfish.
    Nola is in cap hell, are they not? Could they even afford to bring him in let alone improve the roster around him?

vCash
    Look these past 3 years, Dak hasn't played well in the post season. However, none of the past Dallas QBs have done well in the post season. That fan base can't keep blaming their post season woes on Dak when they haven't done shite since 95. Last night the entire team/coaching staff/GM/owner sucked it up. No one can avoid scrutiny, but the Dallas defense last night was so atrocious Will Rodgers could have passed for 500+ yards in the Arnett offense. Dallas doesn't deserve Dak as their QB. What SB caliber team could get him and build a team around him at this point in his career? Seattle?

vCash
    And meanwhile the once hottest team is shitting the bed in Tampa. Heck you shouldn't even need AJ to beat anyone from the NFC South.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100%! Would be great for Dak.
    1st ... I love Dak. Great guy, great ambassador for MSU, good QB (one of MSU greats). I don't hardly ever disagree with you CC but ...

I think Belichick would trade him. He certainly won't like his salary. I also ain't sure Belichick is the answer in Dallas at this stage of his career either. Besides, I imagine him and Jerry would be even worse than Jimmy Johnson and Jerry got to be.

Personally ... I think it would be better for Dak to start fresh somewhere else anyway. The mental aspect (and criticism) will affect him even more now IMO. He needs a fresh start to try and get past that. Dallas ain't it IMO. He also needs to take a cut in that huge salary so his GM can put a helluva team around him. JMHO.

Dak is a good QB, not an elite one. Good QBs can make it to and even win SBs but they need outstanding supporting casts on both sides of the ball. And Jimmy Johnson needs to remind Dak of the #1 premise for QBs (coined by Jimmy himself) ... "Great QBs don't lose games for you. They do make great plays from time to time to win games, but they almost never lose games for you." ... From there you get a Troy Aikman.

Hurts is a good QB. Last year he had an outstanding supporting cast around him and especially the D. He got to the SB. But he also took care of the football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    1st ... I love Dak. Great guy, great ambassador for MSU, good QB (one of MSU greats). I don't hardly ever disagree with you CC but ...

I think Belichick would trade him. He certainly won't like his salary. I also ain't sure Belichick is the answer in Dallas at this stage of his career either. Besides, I imagine him and Jerry would be even worse than Jimmy Johnson and Jerry got to be.

Personally ... I think it would be better for Dak to start fresh somewhere else anyway. The mental aspect (and criticism) will affect him even more now IMO. He needs a fresh start to try and get past that. Dallas ain't it IMO. He also needs to take a cut in that huge salary so his GM can put a helluva team around him. JMHO.

Dak is a good QB, not an elite one. Good QBs can make it to and even win SBs but they need outstanding supporting casts on both sides of the ball. And Jimmy Johnson needs to remind Dak of the #1 premise for QBs (coined by Jimmy himself) ... "Great QBs don't lose games for you. They do make great plays from time to time to win games, but they almost never lose games for you." ... From there you get a Troy Aikman.

Hurts is a good QB. Last year he had an outstanding supporting cast around him and especially the D. He got to the SB. But he also took care of the football.
    Good QBs are made by their supporting cast. Petyon had a number ofr hall of famers around him, as did Troy and Drew even though Drew made his better. Mannings post season only got good in his latter years. Brady was one of a kind..