Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lebby recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Lebby also isn't strangled by the boys club of Friend, Peterson and Campbell doing the bidding of the Old Money Coffee Club who meets with <THE BUS DRIVER> at the local Breakfast Diner of Choice to strategize.
    You sir are well informed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lebby has alot more money at his disposal than Arnett did.
    He's also doesn't come across as a robot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Lebby also isn't strangled by the boys club of Friend, Peterson and Campbell doing the bidding of the Old Money Coffee Club who meets with <THE BUS DRIVER> at the local Breakfast Diner of Choice to strategize.
    Speaking of Friend, has he been hired anywhere yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Speaking of Friend, has he been hired anywhere yet?
    Lol. With all that fist bumping and gloating on those previous threads... surely he's been hired by now.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 01-16-2024 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Lol. With all that fist bumping and gloating on those previous threads... surely he's been hired by now.
    The word a couple of weeks ago was he was being hired as OC and Hollingshead was being demoted to QB coach. No idea whats happened since then
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Arnett used Mason Miller and others to lock down that class. Then he fired everyone. If he had kept them all, he would still be our coach today.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lord McBuckethead again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    No. Arnett did nothing compared to this level that Lebby is hustling.
    Would you like me to go to the recruiting thread and pull the statements?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    So a recruiting thread is going to tell me what Arnett actually did? Interesting. Sure. Pull the statements. Let's see how hard he worked.

vCash
    i want to see it too!....................Crickets

vCash
    So a recruiting thread is going to tell me what Arnett actually did? Interesting. Sure. Pull the statements. Let's see how hard he worked.
    I pulled the statements made by same people. They?re in the recruiting thread for you bud. ?He will not be outworked.? ?He is one of us.? ?he is gonna flip these players-yall still gonna say he sucks?? Etc. the same comments every year. How about-take a wait and see approach for once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i want to see it too!....................Crickets
    Take a look buddy?

vCash
    I pulled the statements made by same people. They?re in the recruiting thread for you bud. ?He will not be outworked.? ?He is one of us.? ?he is gonna flip these players-yall still gonna say he sucks?? Etc. the same comments every year. How about-take a wait and see approach for once.
    I see what's happening here. You're pointing out what folks "thought he would do". We're talking about what Lebby is "actually doing" right now. Big difference. Lebby is busting his ass and I was very skeptical of the hire. He's killing it so far.

vCash
    I see what's happening here. You're pointing out what folks "thought he would do". We're talking about what Lebby is "actually doing" right now. Big difference. Lebby is busting his ass and I was very skeptical of the hire. He's killing it so far.
    THIS!

vCash
    I kinda think what Banker is alluding to that on the recruiting board we're always recruiting well and if a prospect decommits, he sucks and we didn't want him anyway for various reasons, unless he goes to Bama or GA. So I kinda get where Banker is coming from.

However, this year, especially on the O side of the ball, it actually does look like we're really getting who we want. In past years 2 or 3 of the stud WRs would've gone somewhere else and most (not all) folks on the recruiting board would be telling how we dropped them and didn't want them.

I am impressed with Lebby but I'm still in cautiously optimistic mode probably like Banker. Regardless of how Lebby is recruiting, they still gotta be coached and if that and all else is going good, a bolt of lightning will strike us since after all ... it is historically what happens to MSU sports teams LOL. It never seem to go good for very long.

So I'm kinda in wait and see mode too.

vCash
    A staff that's been here a month recruiting around too 25 is strong. We got issues on the defensive side, but we can fix that down the road if we need to. Got probably the best class of WRs we've signed. Rebuilt the whole OL & grabbed a big TE. Come spring, we'll shake up a few spots. Class of 25 should be better than this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    A staff that's been here a month recruiting around too 25 is strong. We got issues on the defensive side, but we can fix that down the road if we need to. Got probably the best class of WRs we've signed. Rebuilt the whole OL & grabbed a big TE. Come spring, we'll shake up a few spots. Class of 25 should be better than this year.
    That's pretty much how I see it right now too. The thing is there are plenty of in state defensive prospects that we could and should potentially get so they'll have a chance. If Turner has still got it he should be able to land at least three four star DL this year which would be nice to go with Hibbler. I really like AJ Rice. We appear to have some history with at least two LB prospects in state although Pernell's brother just left the baseball team. Then there is the CB from Holmes Central where we usually land their players. Hopefully some DB's emerge although there are a couple in the 2026 class that look solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it right now too. The thing is there are plenty of in state defensive prospects that we could and should potentially get so they'll have a chance. If Turner has still got it he should be able to land at least three four star DL this year which would be nice to go with Hibbler. I really like AJ Rice. We appear to have some history with at least two LB prospects in state although Pernell's brother just left the baseball team. Then there is the CB from Holmes Central where we usually land their players. Hopefully some DB's emerge although there are a couple in the 2026 class that look solid.
    If I were Turner, every visit with a DL would just be a call to one of our NFL DL. "Let's see what my guy CJ is doing - Hey CJ, I got a kid here who wants to talk about what MSU was like gotta minute...."
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18