vCash

15-27 from the line

that gets you beat. Damn guys
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You just hit what you're supposed to hit from
    The line and you win. 6 straight misses in last 1:30. Yeesh

vCash
    I?ve never seen us do tonight what we did with that being ICE our own shooters at FT line MANY TIMES! Our players were standing around in the lane trying to figured out where to get and at times TALKING to our shooter!!
    Just STOP that BS, get out of the damn lane and let our guy shoot as soon as possible. I could tell Smith was frustrated at the line several times from this 100% NONSENSE! #JustStopIt!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You just hit what you're supposed to hit from
    The line and you win. 6 straight misses in last 1:30. Yeesh
    Yup. Terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    that gets you beat. Damn guys
    Free throws win games.

vCash
    I compare missing free throws to walking hitters. Always come back to bite you on the butt!

Banned
    vCash
    I compare missing free throws to walking hitters. Always come back to bite you on the butt!
    Exactly!

vCash
    Feel the same way. Rarely a good outcome when you do either.

vCash
    Same shit different year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Feel the same way. Rarely a good outcome when you do either.
    As bad as it was - sucked at free throws, Tolu being kept out from under basket, giving up tons of points off turnovers, etc....- we were within 2 in the last minute. This team has some fight in 'em. Gotta clean up some things and I think they will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    As bad as it was - sucked at free throws, Tolu being kept out from under basket, giving up tons of points off turnovers, etc....- we were within 2 in the last minute. This team has some fight in 'em. Gotta clean up some things and I think they will.
    I didn’t get to watch the game, but it sounded like Tolu was away from the basket a lot. I don’t understand this. Sounded like another opportunity for a good win that we screwed away with poor play in certain areas.

vCash
    I think some of tolu's problem last night mighta been legs. He's just now coming back and Wednesday night was very taxing on him

vCash
    Bad free throw shooting just seems to be our lot in life. I seriously can't remember the last good free throw shooting team we've had. On the other hand OM always seems to be good from the FT line. I really don't understand it why free throws are so difficult for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Bad free throw shooting just seems to be our lot in life. I seriously can't remember the last good free throw shooting team we've had. On the other hand OM always seems to be good from the FT line. I really don't understand it why free throws are so difficult for us.
    Maybe the goals are too high for our puny guys. The girls also struggle to shoot free throws. It has GOTTA be the goals! 😳😳😳

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    As bad as it was - sucked at free throws, Tolu being kept out from under basket, giving up tons of points off turnovers, etc....- we were within 2 in the last minute. This team has somed fight in 'em. Gotta clean up some things and I think they will.
    I disagree. Kentucky will shoot 50% from 3 and score at Will under the goal. State will likely be Arkansas's 1st SEC win. I've seen this movie way to many times. I just hope baseball is a lot better this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think some of tolu's problem last night mighta been legs. He's just now coming back and Wednesday night was very taxing on him
    That's my only silver lining. Matthews going 0-2 was just plain bad, but Tolu had been doing better at the line and I can understand him being tired enough for it to affect his Fts. I doubt he's really in full game shape yet and they were letting Bama maul him down low, so he was having to use his legs a lot more than usual to fight for position. Not sure he will lose as much steam as he continues to play himself into better shape.

vCash
    FT% will only improve by recruiting better FT shooters

vCash
    Jeffries 2 for 2 (good job)
    Tolu 5 for 10 (needs to hit 7 of 10)
    Matthews 2 for 4 (needs to hit 3 of 4)
    Shak Moore 0 for 2 (come on man - you are a guard)
    Hubbard 6 for 8 (needs to 7 of 8)
    Fort 0 for 1 (needs to make it)

Team 15 for 27

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think that's definitely what it was with Tolu. His minutes per game in his four games back are 19, 20, 29, and 29. That's not exactly easing him back in. It could take him until the end of January to be fully back in game shape.