Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will back in portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? He likely wouldn't have even started at Washington after he went through spring with them. It is what it is. Nobody's eat any crow, he never stepped foot on the field for Washington to prove anybody wrong.
    He proved yall wrong over and over and over.

Yet here we are. Take another bite

vCash
    We dont want him but Alabama and Washington do hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Will wouldn’t be in the Top 2 QB’s at Bama

Wish him well wherever he lands. Non P5 would be a smart move
    Yeah not good enough for us. We would rather lose and let our 2 OL coaches run the show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Bama offered him?

vCash
    I'm not sure that counts... it's the same coach at 2 different schools.

Regardless. I hope he goes to Bama. Would love to be on the opposite side of the spectrum with him in the game.

Edit: forgot we don't have Bama next year.
    Last edited by MBDawg601; 01-13-2024 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post

Regardless. I hope he goes to Bama. Would love to be on the opposite side of the spectrum with him in the game.
    Good point. Saban wasn't after him that's for sure

vCash
    If he runs off milroe for will, debour better win big - semi finals of playoffs. That would be as gutsy as move as I've saw in a while.

Milroe as a sophomore...
    5th nationally in passer rating
    13th in QBR

Will hasn't come anywhere close to this level.

If Milroe hits the market, we should break the bank to try and pull him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good point. Saban wasn't after him that's for sure
    Doesn't necessarily mean anything much. Saban ain't the best QB evaluator out there.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he runs off milroe for will, debour better win big - semi finals of playoffs. That would be as gutsy as move as I've saw in a while.

Milroe as a sophomore...
    5th nationally in passer rating
    13th in QBR

Will hasn't come anywhere close to this level.

If Milroe hits the market, we should break the bank to try and pull him
    True dis. And while getting hammered and pressured a lot too. Will needs time to throw, and space to make good throws.

ETA: I think he'll possibly be a decent quality backup QB tho. And I can see where UDub would take a chance on him (minus the bogus huge $$ put out about his NIL). I can't imagine Bama spending hardly any NIL on him. Maybe $200 or $300k at most.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-13-2024 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean anything much. Saban ain't the best QB evaluator out there.

True dis. And while getting hammered and pressured a lot too. Will needs time to throw, and space to make good throws.
    And if those WRs like Milroe, they may bolt too

vCash
    Did Will get a degree from State?

vCash
    I think the whole Rogers thing is fascinating.

I appreciate will for what he did for us. That being said, he's not some uber talented football player. He definitely has his limitations. If you stick him behind an excellent line, with superstars all over the field, he will be able to beat most teams. I think he could be successful at Bama this year if that's where he ends up.

If DeBoer is dumb enough to run off Millroe, I sure hope we get him. He would be fantastic in this offense.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post

Edit: forgot we don't have Bama next year.
    The point is, the QB experts here said he was a D2 or WKU QB. All while winning and breaking records for their own school.

If only he wouldve handed it off more maybe he would be more liked. We have a long storied tradition of record breaking passers anyway

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He wouldnt have started at State either
    He definitely wouldn't have started over Shapen. And I'm not sure he would have even been the 2nd team QB by mid season. He left because he knew Lebby was going to upgrade.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    He proved yall wrong over and over and over.

Yet here we are. Take another bite
    Who has he proven wrong? He was literally one of the worst QB's in the SEC this year. FWIW, I took up for him in 2022, but I had no idea how much Leach was masking his weaknesses(which is almost everything)...

Washington fans would have run him off the field by the 3rd or 4th game after having Penix the past couple years if he had started for them. I doubt he would have even won the job at Washington in the spring to be honest.

vCash
    Lol... ole Bucky. I hope Will makes a USFL/XFL roster so he'll still have something to defend.

I hope we get weekly updates and "all time rankings" too.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Who has he proven wrong? He was literally one of the worst QB's in the SEC this year. FWIW, I took up for him in 2022, but I had no idea how much Leach was masking his weaknesses(which is almost everything)...

Washington fans would have run him off the field by the 3rd or 4th game after having Penix the past couple years if he had started for them. I doubt he would have even won the job at Washington in the spring to be honest.
    Actually he proved me wrong in '21. I bragged about Will after the AU comeback and thought he might become the best QB in the SEC. Then ... something changed, not sure what. Now ... if he plays like that again, maybe he could be a Tua. But right now I don't see him beating out Milroe. If so, we'll see how he does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong twice haha. I know this much ... Will REALLY hates to get hit. Milroe is like Daniels ... he tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Actually he proved me wrong in '21. I bragged about Will after the AU comeback and thought he might become the best QB in the SEC. Then ... something changed, not sure what. Now ... if he plays like that again, maybe he could be a Tua. But right now I don't see him beating out Milroe. If so, we'll see how he does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong twice haha. I know this much ... Will REALLY hates to get hit. Milroe is like Daniels ... he tough.
    I love how Will represent State with class and dedication. I think you answered your own question about what happened after Auburn with your next to last line.

vCash
    Again take another bite of the shit sandwich. Go enjoy it at WKU. He has proven you all wrong over and over. Blaming him for 2023 is like blaming the janitor on the titanic

vCash
    One of the best OCs in the country and a HC with a record of 104-12 want him but you guys dont. I can live with that