PDA

View Full Version : 24

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
I finally got around to watching 24. I'm almost finished with season 2. Just WOW.

Hump4Hoops
04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
I consider myself a huge TV buff, but I haven't seen 24. I actually haven't seen 4 shows that probably rank in most TV buffs' top 10 (24, The Sopranos, The Wire, Lost)

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Watch it and you'll be hooked. Freaking awesome guy show. And I haven't seen Sopranos, Wire, or Lost either. I'll get to them eventually. But 24 is some compelling shit.

Quaoarsking
04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
How does season 1 rank usually rank? That's all I've seen. I liked it, but I'm not sure when or if I'll get around to watching the rest.

FlabLoser
04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I liked 24 for a while. After a few seasons, I felt it got repetitive.

LOST is the best drama TV series of all time. Warning - the 1st two episodes are necessary, but slow. After that you'll be hooked. You have to start with episode 1 and watch it through. Although I lot of the fun with it was disucssing with friends what was going on in the show. You'd miss that this go-round.

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Quaors, season 1 is good, but season 2 is better. Well, except for Kim's story. And one of the more key characters isn't introduced until season 3, apparently.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Quaors, season 1 is good, but season 2 is better. Well, except for Kim's story. And one of the more key characters isn't introduced until season 3, apparently.

Haha another agreement WMD. I just finished the series about a week or two ago. I started watching, and couldn't stop til I finished the whole damn thing. It's addicting.

It starts to get a little repetitive with the moles in CTU and shit like that, but they are still bad ass. You will love some of the character changes and the twists with your favorite characters in the upcoming seasons. It's great!

Just talking about it makes me pissed that I'm out of episodes. By the way, if you haven't watched "Prison Break", that HAS to be your next show to watch. Incredible.

War Machine Dawg
04-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Haha, I know what you mean, Cadaver. I'm getting behind on currently airing shows because I can't stop watching Jack Bauer Death Hour.

col. forbin
04-24-2013, 04:48 PM
On the subject of 24, during the Boston manhunt, all I could think about was Jack Bauer hunting this guy down and inflicting pain on everyone that had dealings with him. That whole day felt like I was watching a live version of the show.

CadaverDawg
04-24-2013, 06:26 PM
On the subject of 24, during the Boston manhunt, all I could think about was Jack Bauer hunting this guy down and inflicting pain on everyone that had dealings with him. That whole day felt like I was watching a live version of the show.

Col., I know what you mean. I kept saying to my wife, "Hopefully they can keep him alive....we need to get information out of him". Like I was a damn member of CTU. She kept telling me I watched too much Jack Bauer.

Col. Forbin, have you seen Prison Break? I am freaking obsessed with that series. If anybody on this board hasn't watched Prison Break, get on Netflix and start it immediately.

col. forbin
04-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Cadaver, I watched the very first season of it when I was in college. We watched the show regularly and I liked it but didn't continue after that season. I need to start it over.

War Machine Dawg
04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
One difference, we don't have David Palmer as President. As much as I'd have loved to see us treat the guy as an enemy combatant and extract the info we need, you had to know this administration didn't have the nuts to do that. There was no doubt in my mind this guy would be treated as a criminal and given his Miranda rights.

That aside, the final episode of season 2 was the shit. Mandy is back!

col. forbin
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
does anyone know the status on the movie? there have been rumblings about it for around 2 years.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I wish I knew, colonel. My best guess is it won't happen any time soon. There just doesn't seem to be any urgency to get it done. Plus Kiefer Sutherland has a new hit Fox show he's doing now. Don't know if they could part with him long enough for him to do a 24 movie. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

col. forbin
05-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I lifted this from the pack. I hope this goes through. To me another season would be much better than a movie adaptation.Only thing is I would love for it to be on premium channels that way we could really see Jack f some people up.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s9/24/news/a480412/24-return-confirmed-by-producer-to-be-12-episodes.html

CadaverDawg
05-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I lifted this from the pack. I hope this goes through. To me another season would be much better than a movie adaptation.Only thing is I would love for it to be on premium channels that way we could really see Jack f some people up.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s9/24/news/a480412/24-return-confirmed-by-producer-to-be-12-episodes.html

Yep. I really hope this happens. That series could keep going for quite a while if they would get someone with a little creativity in there. Towards the end of the series, they all started having similar plots with moles in CTU and all of that stuff.

In my eyes, there can't be too many shows like 24, Homeland, etc

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Fox has confirmed 24: Live Another Day will return in 2014. Tick tick tick tick......Jack's back!!!