PDA

View Full Version : OT: Southwest Airlines leaving Jackson

bully99
12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Pulling out next June along with Branson and Key West. Probably some of you use them for travel. More expensive in the future.

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
not good... Jacktown is hurting.

mjh94
12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
wonder if it has anything to do with them adding flights out of/in to Memphis?

Goat Holder
12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Thank Chokwe for this, he's a piece of shit. He's ruining everything at the airport. Will be some lawsuits coming if the things I am hearing actually play out.

RC3
12-05-2013, 02:32 PM
This is awful news. Just terrible

Harrydawg
12-05-2013, 02:34 PM
We are J town baby! What a joke.

FlabLoser
12-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Thank Chokwe for this, he's a piece of shit. He's ruining everything at the airport. Will be some lawsuits coming if the things I am hearing actually play out.

Chokwe up and replaced all the airport board with his cronies. No other mayor has done that. He is going to run Jackson (farther) into the ground.

Bothrops
12-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Believe it or not, this has nothing to do with Chokwe. I used to work for Southwest, and they have been struggling in Jackson for the better part of a decade. They cut service to BWI earlier this year and reduced flights to 4 daily. No airline of their size can justify such a small, dying air travel market. Southwest began service to Jackson in 1997, and pre-9/11 had 9 daily departures to 4 cities, MDW, BWI,HOU,MCO. Branson and Key West were never Southwest markets, they were just inherited takeovers from the merger with Airtran, just like Gulfport and many others.

Jackson joins a very rare, exclusive club..it's one of only two, or three cities that Southwest has pulled the plug on, since they began in 1971. One other was Beaumont ,TX. This is a very sad, and quite frankly, embarrassing day for Jackson and airfares will skyrocket.