PDA

View Full Version : big game hunting

PassInterference
11-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Anybody ever been?

I don't even hunt and that sounds fun to me.

Saw an ad here on ED for this place:
http://www.apos.ab.ca/?gclid=CO_pirS23boCFRFo7Aod0yYAzw

FISHDAWG
11-11-2013, 02:16 PM
hunted Elk, Mule deer & bear in Colorado back in 96 ...... could have killed elk (4x4) and mule deer (4x5) but held out for bigger animals hoping hard for a bear ... a bear is the only game I didn't see on that trip ... but yes it's a lot of fun, now I actually prefer shotgunning trips out west for pheasant & other upland game birds as opposed to big game

BeastMan
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I've never been but I bet it would be one hell of an experience

WeWillScrewItUp
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I really would love to go chase elk or mule deer with my bow. Never had the chance but one day I will go.

noledawg
11-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Not to try to hijack your thread, but I just booked a trip for an African Safari. Has anyone here ever done a big game hunt down there?

FISHDAWG
11-13-2013, 02:13 PM
my favorite author - Peter Hathaway Capstick - says EVERYTHING bites or stings in Africa .... it would be pretty cool to go, you will have to give a full report with pics when you get back .... when are you going ?

noledawg
11-13-2013, 02:32 PM
We are going to Swartruggens, South Africa sometime next summer/fall (in the Northern Hemisphere). I will share some pictures and/or stories provided I survive the experience. We are not anticipating going for any of the big five on this trip, but it should be a fun experience.

Radddawg
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Goin out to Colorado to stalk some elk with my bow next fall. My dad and brother went last month and I cant wait to get out there. They brought back pics of elk herds, monster mule deer and a big herd of prong horn antelope.