PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Outdoor Dawgs...

AugustaDawg
11-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Have you used persimmon rice bran and what are your thoughts?

Natedogg33
11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
From what I can tell, rice bran is rice bran. The deer will eat the seasoned rice bran, but they'll eat the regular bran as well. Back in the good ole days, rice bran was a worthless byproduct. You could get it pretty cheap. Now, basically every grain based "attractant" is nothing but rice bran with some scent and some salt.
I guess what Im saying is, if you want to feed something, save your money on the name brand stuff and buy two bags of plain rice bran.

rdnkkicker
11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
From what I can tell, rice bran is rice bran. The deer will eat the seasoned rice bran, but they'll eat the regular bran as well. Back in the good ole days, rice bran was a worthless byproduct. You could get it pretty cheap. Now, basically every grain based "attractant" is nothing but rice bran with some scent and some salt.
I guess what Im saying is, if you want to feed something, save your money on the name brand stuff and buy two bags of plain rice bran.

^^^^this^^^
I use the same stuff that I feed my horses, usually between $8.50 and $11.00/ 50# at your local feed store. Tell me where you're located and I can probably tell you where to shop. It's extremely simple to mix something else in it and you'll save a lot of money more than likely.

basedog
11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
I use rice bran and once deer realize what it is they will keep coming back. I bought a bag of Mo' Buck the other day, it had corn and molasses mixed in, but to tell you the truth I will go back to just plain rice bran. I have pictures on my trail camera with rice bran covered on deer like cocaine.