PDA

View Full Version : Best Outdoor Weekend Trips?

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Queued up by the other thread, what are some of y'all's favorite weekend guys trips?

Me and some friends go almost every year to a different white water rafting spot. We've done it the last four or so years and have hit all the "rookie spots." The best place close to Atlanta is the Ocoee River. We've done the whole river over two different trips, including the Olympic shoot, which was awesome. Probably the highlight of my outdoor activities every year... although we'll go camping, hunting, fishing, etc... too.

rdnkkicker
11-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Queued up by the other thread, what are some of y'all's favorite weekend guys trips?

Me and some friends go almost every year to a different white water rafting spot. We've done it the last four or so years and have hit all the "rookie spots." The best place close to Atlanta is the Ocoee River. We've done the whole river over two different trips, including the Olympic shoot, which was awesome. Probably the highlight of my outdoor activities every year... although we'll go camping, hunting, fishing, etc... too.

We hit up Tiki Tubing on the Amite River in Baton Rouge every summer. It's excellent for drunken debauchery and hot co-eds.
Couple times a year we'll go camping on family land on Bayou Pierre in Carpenter, MS. Run trot lines and sit in the rapids. It's spring fed so we can just sit the beer in one of the springs on the bank for ease of access to our ice cold goodness.

Barking 13
11-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Any trip to Pickwick is special...

Political Hack
11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
we used to go tubing outside if Hattiesburg a lot. I forget the place, but it was a redneck paradise.

going to take my son snow tubing this winter.

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
we used to go tubing outside if Hattiesburg a lot. I forget the place, but it was a redneck paradise.

going to take my son snow tubing this winter.

When I lived in H'burg from there was a camping ground with sandbars and a rope swing off the hwy on Black Creek (I think). We spent a few Saturdays there.

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm a sucker for fishing so any type of fish camp is my deal. I Love going to the coast for a cpl days of back to back fishing. Your friends, the water, sunny weather, fishing, a cpl beers: Can't beat it.

FISHDAWG
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
every year on the weekend before Memorial Day weekend we (guys only) camp in the wilderness area of Eastern Tenn for 4-5 days that has excellent trout fishing ... we catch nice sized trout in secluded water that few people fish, we drink beer, we nap, we fart around the fire, we cook, we fish again, we drink beer again, play poker every night, we sleep late the next morning because everyone has headaches from the night before ...... this is pretty much the pattern until we completely wear ourselves out and come home