PDA

View Full Version : BSL Fishing Report 10/27

BeastMan
10-27-2013, 04:12 PM
I took the kayak out in the area where the Jordan River meets Bay St Louis. I was gonna hit my trout hole where the Jordan& catfish bayou meet but there were a ton of boats. In a kayak boat traffic is not your friend. I ended up fishing the grass line all around Cameron island. Bait shrimp under a DOA popping cork. Got 2 black drum and 1 really nice flounder. The flounder will be grilled, dinner for 2. Not a huge catch day but the weather was beautiful, great day. Plus my favorite eating fish.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps47e1ef99.jpg

BeastMan
10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
FWIW what I ended up doing was in my original plan after I hit that hole. I had another rod/reel already Carolina rigged and didn't use it.

On a funny side note, when I grabbed my kayak out of the boat in the marina, I couldn't find my anchor. It packs in a bag w/the rope and must have put it up at the condo. Anyway, I ran to Walmart in Waveland real quick and went looking for a small mushroom anchor. All they had was 19-25 lb boat anchors. No way I could even use that, nor would I want to. I was standing there like wtf do I do? Idea hit me. I went and bought a 5lb dumbell and tied it to a rope. It worked perfect all day! Moo U ingenuity at its best

FISHDAWG
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
fishermen are pretty good at improvision ha ... love the flatties !!

SnakePlissken
10-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Excellent fish and great idea on the dumbbell