PDA

View Full Version : Coast fishing this weekend 10/26

BeastMan
10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
With us playing Thursday and the weather on the coast being nice this weekend, I think some fishing is in order. I'll probably head down to the coast after work on Saturday afternoon and fish Sunday morning. The water temps have been around 70 so the specks and reds will be in the marshy areas. I've go 1 trout hole that has led to limits in the past specifically in mind. Then just work some grass for reds. I'll be in the yak. Anybody in the area is more than welcome to join. This is the time of the year where I wish I had a skiff or a lil bay boat.

ETA- I'll do a report thread when I get home Sunday afternoon

FISHDAWG
10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
good luck ... think this upcoming cold front might turn them off ?

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 09:16 AM
good luck ... think this upcoming cold front might turn them off ?

It will just push then further in the river. The colder it gets, the trout and redfish will go to the lowest salinity they can handle. I read a captain for shore thing charters give great advice for this time of the year. He said when there is a cold front he works from river to bay until he finds them. In a heat front he'd work bay to river

SnakePlissken
10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Have fun and catch lots of fish!!

BeastMan
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Just to update, the high is 71 and the major feeding bite (based off moon phase stuff) projected from 7:15-9:15 am. The wind is looking like 10-15 but I'll be in protected marsh water so it won't matter much. Lookin good

KennyPowers2
10-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Fishing was not very good yesterday. I was bass fishing on Pascagoula river and the bass bite was tough. I did catch a 22" red. Shrimp are making their way up the river. Haven't Seen many north of I-10 but I'm sure there are some. Souix bayou is loaded with mullet. Seems to be lots of red at mouth of dog river. Tide was running out strong yesterday morning for a few hours, but the high pressure and blue bird skies must have turned te bass off. I caught 3 times as many during the rain last Saturday as I did yesterday.