PDA

View Full Version : Temporary 2 week Red Snapper season is now open

FISHDAWG
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
will close on October 15 I believe .... trying hard to make a trip but it's not looking promising at this point

BeastMan
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I had no idea. Doubt I'll give it a go even though I wish I could. Our boat is a 20' hydra sport so its gotta be just right with no threats of bad weather to go offshore. 2 weeks ago we made a run to the Biloxi marsh in 3 ft seas and it wasnt the most fun I've ever had...

We have hit those platforms due south of Ocean Springs where its about 60 ft of water but the weather never cooperated with our schedule this year.

FISHDAWG
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I would offer to take you but my boat is sitting @ Ocean Springs Marine getting bored & resleeved ... wont get it back until November ... trying to talk my boss into going in his 40' but fuel for that thing is incredibly expensive when you are allowed only two per person

BeastMan
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I would offer to take you but my boat is sitting @ Ocean Springs Marine getting bored & resleeved ... wont get it back until November ... trying to talk my boss into going in his 40' but fuel for that thing is incredibly expensive when you are allowed only two per person

I can only imagine the fuel cost on that thing. I know what we pay in our smaller boat and can only imagine.

SnakePlissken
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I have a 18.5" Chaparral - I know its not a fishing boat - so I would guess that I should stick to 3 mi or less offshore? I live outside B'ham so Pensacola/Ft Walton/Destin would be my primary fishing areas. Having said that, I'd love to come to the MS coast and go out for reds and specks. I'm not really wanting to get too far out and I'd prefer inshore fishing for those species.

FISHDAWG
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I left out one morning when the water was like glass ... didn't stop until 40 miles out and was surprised to find a bay boat fishing the same rig ... you could make the triple rig (about 23-25 miles out) on a smooth day which is just about due south/southeast of the northrup-gruman shipyard - it's 75' deep ..... to reach rigs leaving out of destin or pensacola will take an offshore type