PDA

View Full Version : When will we get our next football commitment?

601Dawg
04-12-2013, 03:02 PM
As of right now we only have 1 football commitment (Nakia Cathey an athlete WR/DB from Memphis)
Ole Miss has 9, LSU 8, Texas A&M 11. Heck even Kentucky already has 2 four star recruits.

Is it just me or does it seem like we should have a couple commitments by now, and should we be expecting some in the near future? Who are some of the recruits that we are closest to getting a commitment from?

Sorry just grinding my gears on this Friday afternoon.

#HailState

slickdawg
04-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Mullen really seems to like to make a splash at the camps. Last year we only had 1-2 commits, then a Big Dawg camp came, and we had 9-10 commits. Two consecutive top 25 recruiting classes, there's a method to his madness.

Coach34
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I'll be surprised if we have any before summer- thats just how Mullen rolls....we have 3 or 4 that want to commit, but we wont let them yet.

We are being alot more choosy due to our limited number of spots in the upcoming class

Coach34
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
We wont have ahighly rated composite class because of our low numbers- but I expect our average star rating to be very good this Feb

601Dawg
04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll be surprised if we have any before summer- thats just how Mullen rolls....we have 3 or 4 that want to commit, but we wont let them yet.

We are being alot more choosy due to our limited number of spots in the upcoming class

Why refuse to let a kid who wants to play for us commit especialy if he is a highly rated recruit? If it was my son, that would make me a little upset, especially if he was being recruited by other schools who wanted his commitment right now.

601Dawg
04-12-2013, 03:18 PM
We wont have ahighly rated composite class because of our low numbers- but I expect our average star rating to be very good this Feb

What high rated guys are we on? The only 4 star guy I have seen that we lead for is the RB out of West Point who is a stud. The other recruits I have seen are all 3 stars. The QB from Atlanta everybody on 247 was drooling over is only a 3 star (he has potential I know) i guess I tend to gaze at the stars too much I guess.

Coach34
04-12-2013, 03:56 PM
What high rated guys are we on? The only 4 star guy I have seen that we lead for is the RB out of West Point who is a stud. The other recruits I have seen are all 3 stars. The QB from Atlanta everybody on 247 was drooling over is only a 3 star (he has potential I know) i guess I tend to gaze at the stars too much I guess.

You are definitely a star gazer...We will pull some quality players- we do every season, this one wont be any different

I refuse to even think about recruiting until July or August

Coach34
04-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Speaking of stars...

5-star Quay Evans is running as the 5th DT currently
5-star Denico Autry was didnt lead us in sacks last year- 2-star Preston Smith did. And that 2-star will likely do it again in 2013....now Denico has adjusted and raised his level of play- and will be very good this season. But we found 2-star gold in Smith.

mic
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Its still APRIL...

Coach34
04-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Its still APRIL...

601 Dawg is worried that since the other school's have alot more commits than us- they will sign 20-25 more players than we will