PDA

View Full Version : Greinke breaks collarbone in brawl on mound

Bo Darville
04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Big money sitting on bench for a month.

DawgyDawg
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Did I miss a backstory there? The video I saw he had a full count and got pegged on ball 4 and charged the mound? Was there something earlier that brought the fight on?

Boomer15
04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
From what I've read it was pretty bush league of him to charge the mound. Kemp went at him after the game, they had to be separated. Padres players have apologized for his actions too.

Will James
04-12-2013, 09:14 AM
AJ Ellis bitched out as did the corner infielders. You gotta move toward the mound especially knowing there was bad blood.

Todd4State
04-12-2013, 01:11 PM
With Grienke being a new player, they probably didn't know there was bad blood. New for the Dodgers that is. Ellis should have reacted a little more quickly.

WutheringDawg
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
It's obvious that it was unintentional for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it was a 3-2 count in a 1 run game in the 6th inning. Not really the ideal time to send a message. Secondly, did you see the way the catcher didn't react? When a guy is getting plucked on purpose usually people know and the catcher will jump out there to barricade the batter.

Then you have to wonder why Quentin is even charging the mound there. You can read a pretty apropos article that was written about Quentin's propensity to get hit here. (http://www.fangraphs.com/not/a-plea-to-carlos-quentin/) If you don't feel like reading, he basically gets hit a lot.

Stupid situation that doesn't really matter to me except that I have Greinke on my fantasy team and he looked really good coming out of the gate this year. Oh well.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Quentin is a ****ing idiot and deserves to get hit twice as much after this. I promise you if I'm on the bump tonite that ****er is dirty the whole ****ing game. Stupid douche. And the Dodgers catcher and corner infielders need their asses whipped too. If I'm Mattingly I fine those ****ers every day Greinke is out for standing there and getting the $147 million man knocked out for 4-6 weeks.

bobcat91
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
The Padres pitcher came close to nailing Kemp high and tight earlier in the game and nothing was said. This was a breaking pitch that got away as the catcher was set up low and away. MLB should suspend this guy 20 games and I bet you wouldn't see anymore crap like this. By the way they have a series in LA starting on Monday. I would watch for a pitcher like Jansen, who can hit 97 and up to plunk a Padre late after a game is decided. Actually, last year Kershaw did that to a guy afterthey threw at and hit Either. Since Mattingly is old school, someone is getting drilled.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Mattingly should have his catchers and corners drilled in BP

Will James
04-13-2013, 02:31 AM
With Grienke being a new player, they probably didn't know there was bad blood. New for the Dodgers that is. Ellis should have reacted a little more quickly.

You know when there is bad blood. AJ ****ed up.