PDA

View Full Version : Good read on TR on ESPN.com

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/62906/plenty-of-motivation-for-tyler-russell

Rick Danko
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Can't wait to see that used against us. Opposing coach to prospect: "Look here it says from their own qb's mouth, the fans talk trash to their players there." Ridiculous for someone to tweet a player telling him to leave school. On positive note, hope Tyler using it as motivation helps him become that much better of a player this year.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM
I think that kind of stupid shit happens at every school. But I dont understand people being that stupid.

Just get on your school's message board and say what you want about him. They read it

I'm glad we are putting him under center some this year. I've said since he stepped on campus that was what his skill set called for. Hopefully he makes me look good

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 03:53 PM
the guy is the best MSU QB to come along in quite a while ( I believe since John Bond) ... everyone has an off game or two in any sport or endeavor ... problem is that some folks are incapable of satisfaction, no matter what progress or production has been made ... I hate the thought of our players reading negative crap from our own fans but I have done it before with a strange sense of regret afterwards ... it's the nature of the beast

12five98
04-10-2013, 04:03 PM
We have some of the worst fans in the country. Tweeting negative shit at our players? Get a damn life. Good lord.

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm glad Tyler is taking responsibility and being a man for his team, but there was more wrong last season than just Tyler.

Right off, Mullen never would make up his mind what kind of system we were going to run. Tyler can't run the option. I'm sorry. He just isn't mobile enough. So, lets put him under center, run more pro style sets, and utilize what could be out greatest offensive weapons in the TEs.

Perk got his 1,000 last season. It's hard to argue with results like that, but we need a more between the tackles, more efficient running game to five TR was options in the Play action department.

Defense was more about awful game planning than it was about talent. I want to see a D like we had in 2010, one that would blitz the gates of hell if we needed them too. We should be upgraded at one position alone (Collins) if no other.

Then, we just have to face reality. We aren't as good as Bama, LSU, and TAMU. We're not, and won't ever be at that level all consistently. Piss poor effort and complacency lost us the EB and GB, nothing else. Freeze is not a god, contrary to what many of the bear faithful want you to think. He's a good coach, but he hung his hat on the EB last year, just like Mullen did in year one. However, Mullen isn't Houston Nutt. Don't look for three or four in a row for them verses us either. He understands this rivalry and wants that egg back as badly as we do.

FlabLoser
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
The 5 WR experiment was a failure as well. I don't know what went wrong, but it was terrible.