2. Bama

One step away

3. Ole miss
4. Lsu

Needs help

5. Msu
6. Auburn
7. Arkansas

I thought their comments were pretty good and our ranking was basically because of our strength of schedule.

Om is riding their recruiting class. Ark is low because the new coach is a power running game guy and that will take at least another year to build.

They did say auburn and Msu can surprise some people. I would have flipped lsu and om.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I would flip Bama and aTm .... no way they beat Saban twice in a row ... folks will be ready for Johnnie Football this year .... spot on with flipping OM & LSU ... other than that, a blind man could have made those predictions

Coach34
04-10-2013, 09:00 AM
It's going to be an interesting year in the SEC West

Bama and A&M are definitely the best 2
LSU has a badass schedule and lost a helluva lot of Jr's- they will take a step back and could lose 4 games this year
OM is going to be pretty good but the middle of their schedule is pretty tough- their toss-up games are also on the road- @Vandy, @Auburn, and @State
State will be improved overall but has a ridiculous schedule- our season comes down to being able to win @Auburn, @UPig, and home to OM
Auburn- could they lose every SEC home game? State, OM, Georgia, and Bama.
UPig- they have a tough slate also to rebound to- with A&M, SC, Auburn, and State at home....Welcome to the SEC Bielema

FlabLoser
04-10-2013, 09:01 AM
There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.

There are question marks on Wallace's health.

Last year, they surprised everybody by being average instead of awful. They will not surprise anybody this year. Furthermore the leap from good to great is huge. 6-7 wins is their best case scenario for this year.

8/29/13 at Vanderbilt An upset win
09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
09/14/13 at Texas loss
09/28/13 at Alabama loss
10/05/13 at Auburn win - too much drama and trauma on the plains
10/12/13 vs. Texas A&M loss
10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
11/09/13 vs. Arkansas win
11/16/13 vs. Troy win
11/23/13 vs. Missouri win
11/30/13 at Mississippi State loss

Here I'm calling for a very generous 7 win season that includes upsets @Vandy and @Auburn. It is probably more realistic that they win 5.

Political Hack
04-10-2013, 09:08 AM
1) Bama
2) LSU
3) A&M
4) State
5) OM
6) Auburn
7) Arkansas

A&M lost some absolute studs up front on bith sides of the ball. Remember when OM lost a lot of 1st round NFL talent up front and everyone though they were in the running for a national championship? A&M won't be able to replace those guys up front as easily as everyone thinks, just like OM wasn't even though all their skill people returned. It's a sexy pick, but it's a stupid pick. LSU has a tough schedule with UGA and UF in the east, so they could fall to 3rd behind A&M, but A&M won't be ready to win the West this year. Too much to replace up front. Last year Johnny Football scrambled for fun. This year hell scramble because he has to. Different ball game.

I expect OM's offensive production to drop off some and their defense to be much better. All in all, they'll be about the se as last year.

We'll probably be 4-4 in the SEC.

Auburn's on drugs. Ark will have to adjust their style if play and personnel. I'm not sure Ark has the in-state talent they need to run a power set and I think A&M is going to make it impossible for them to get blue chip OL out of Texas in the near future.

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 09:14 AM
There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.

Don't you know they have the #1 recruit in the country. He's even better than Clowney and could start in the NFL if given a chance next year...*

Coach34
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Don't you know they have the #1 recruit in the country. He's even better than Clowney and could start in the NFL if given a chance next year...*

Kimdeechy has tremendous talent and might be phenomenal. But he is also an attention whore that could easily enjoy too much nightlife around town and underwhelm. I wont be surprised either way

Will James
04-10-2013, 09:26 AM
But he is also an attention whore that could easily enjoy too much nightlife around town and underwhelm. I wont be surprised either way

White girlz giveth, white girlz taketh away

Dawgdom
04-10-2013, 09:26 AM
"FlabLoser;2555]There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.
There are question marks on Wallace's health."

I picture Wallace being Jevan #2. High expectations but flounders this year.

Raytoraid83
04-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Everyone's sippin the rebel koolaid, be interesting to see how they handle the spot light next year.

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
A&M only lost one OT, Matthews is coming back to play with his little brother, who will play center..
They return their best receiver and RB on offense along with Johnny Football. They do lose a stud on the defensive end.

The only plus is that everyone in the SEC has now seen Johnny Football live and can game-plan for him.

They will be good and could go undefeated next year.

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 10:49 AM
There is absolutely no way OM is a step away from winning the West. ESPN always knobs the bears like this when they're decent.

Lets look back at their 2012 team, shall we.

They beat Auburn--who went 3-9
They beat Arkansas--who went 4-8
They beat an awful Tulane team
They beat a Msstate team that was just ready for the season to over at that point
They beat Central Arkansas
They beat Pitt--who was also barely in a bowl.

Their best win was over an 8-5 MSU team that had pretty well already quit. I don't look for OM to do again what they did last year, tbh. I got into the debate with a bear on another forum and told him that Mullen's first season was better than Freeze, and that one win didn't make Freeze a better coach. The rest of the list looks solid, though.

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Here are my predictions

TAMU
Bama
LSU
State
Ole Miss
Auburn
Arkansas

Auburn has a coach that knows how to use the talent they have, and they DO have better talent than Arky at the moment. AU always seems to reel in a solid class.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
OM is going to be solid- not great

They return their OL- just like we do. They also return their DL guys- plus add Kimdeechy and that juco DT. That will make them solid no doubt- but they are in no way "one step away"

Coach34
04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Auburn has a coach that knows how to use the talent they have, and they DO have better talent than Arky at the moment. AU always seems to reel in a solid class.

Auburn does have some talent- but they have had a helluva lot of attrition the last 2 years also.

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
OM is going to be solid- not great

They return their OL- just like we do. They also return their DL guys- plus add Kimdeechy and that juco DT. That will make them solid no doubt- but they are in no way "one step away"

They'll be solid, like you said. But there's a difference between being solid and ready to take down Bama or TAMU like those ESPN predictions seemed to imply. Now, as far as LSU goes, I could see us or them, taking down the tigers this fall. LSU is losing a lot.......and especially with them coming to Starkville and Oxford. In other words, this is the year we break the corndog curse.

MSUDawg4Life
04-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I see a lot of you all predicting aTm will be better than Bama. Do you all think the other coaches in the conference may have figured out ways to slow down their offense? I know Texas A&M is talented, but I'm wondering if this year will be a little tougher for them because we'll be more familiar with them and what they do. Tougher in a way that won't allow them to have a better record than Bama.

PMDawg
04-10-2013, 11:17 AM

Last year, they surprised everybody by being average instead of awful. They will not surprise anybody this year. Furthermore the leap from good to great is huge. 6-7 wins is their best case scenario for this year.

09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
09/14/13 at Texas loss
09/28/13 at Alabama loss
10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
11/16/13 vs. Troy win

Here I'm calling for a very generous 7 win season that includes upsets @Vandy and @Auburn. It is probably more realistic that they win 5.

It's not the recruiting class they're looking at. They return a huge amount of their starters from last year and they finished the year a much better team than when they started. Plus Brassell is back, Nkemdiche provides depth, and Ward is there with a year under his belt. Assuming we beat them this year is a leap to me. they thoroughly whipped us last year, and we'll have our hands full. I could see them beating LSU too. They give them a good game most years, and it's at home. I could see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the west.

civildawg
04-10-2013, 01:05 PM
If OM doesnt beat Vandy on the opener I can see them starting 1-6 or 2-5. Win against SE Missiouri St. and Auburn. Auburn wont be a gimme either with it being on the road

biscuit
04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Ole miss is at best 8-4. I think we win 8 again, but it won't feel as dissappointing as last year. We will be happy with these 8.

M.Fillmore
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Dick Cross has the bears at 8-4 meaning after they lose to Texas, aTm, Bama and LSU then they would run the table. A'int happening.
Yes, Braswell is for real, and they have him back along with Moncrief. But they lived off emotion last year. Despite the meltdown with aTm, if the Aggies hadn't turned the ball over a ton the bears would have lost huge. They caught a lot of breaks that they won't catch this year.

I see them about like us at 6-6 and some of the luster of Bucky will be lost.

If Wallace goes down, they will have a losing season.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Ole miss is at best 8-4..

I think OM goes 8-4 or 7-5....we HAVE to take care of business in Sville this year

Gordon Gekko
04-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Wow, a thread on a public MSU board that discusses Ole Miss without a bunch of bears rushing in to lecture us about how stupid we are. I'm liking this place...

AROB44
04-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't forget that A&M also lost their offensive coordiantor.

elitedawgs
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Wow, a thread on a public MSU board that discusses Ole Miss without a bunch of bears rushing in to lecture us about how stupid we are. I'm liking this place...

That's why we are here.

BeastMan
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
I disagree on so much of that I don't know where to start

MSUDawg4Life
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I disagree on so much of that I don't know where to start

Start with aTm being better than Bama. Or OM being better than LSU

smh

Coach34
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
OM being better than LSU

smh

I wont be surprised at all if OM beats LSU

LSU lost a shit ton of talent on defense- and they were all Jr's- which means what is behind them is even younger. They still have alot of talent-but LSU could lose as many as 4 games in 2013

slickdawg
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
This year will be our best chance to beat LSU - they lost a bunch of players, I'm still not sold on Mettenberger, we return our entire OL, QB and RB's, we have some talent at receiver. Our front seven should be good too. Our secondary will be young, but there is talent there.

ckDOG
04-11-2013, 11:26 AM

09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
09/14/13 at Texas loss
09/28/13 at Alabama loss
10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
11/16/13 vs. Troy win

I'd hate that schedule if I were a Bear. If they come in cocky to the Vandy game, they will lose and are staring at a 1-3 start to the season. Then they have a question mark at Auburn on the road. After that, they start 6 games in a row at home with A&M and LSU being on the front-end. The fans will get tired of traveling if they have a bumpy start. They should have a solid defense and have some play makers on offense, but that schedule is primed to set up for disaster if they don't start off well.

slickdawg
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Ol' Hugh will jump up and just cry to reporters and fans "we only have 65 scholarship players" (not counting the ones he's redshirting), and we just need more time to build our numbers back up.

Will James
04-11-2013, 11:43 AM
This year will be our best chance to beat LSU - they lost a bunch of players, I'm still not sold on Mettenberger, we return our entire OL, QB and RB's, we have some talent at receiver. Our front seven should be good too. Our secondary will be young, but there is talent there.

It's almost an "If Not Now, When?" type of deal. The law of averages says they can't beat us 30 times in a row or whatever it will be once they get upright after this year and go on another run.

We HAVE to beat them this year just because.....

BeastMan
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Just for a few quick fire disagreements. Bama will steamroll A&M. OM isn't close to LSU. LSU will be better than many realize b/c football is QB driven and Mettenberger makes a jump. He was much better at the end last year. Auburn will be better than OM. Auburn will make the biggest improvement in the SEC next year. There's a start

engie
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Ol' Hugh will jump up and just cry to reporters and fans "we only have 65 scholarship players" (not counting the ones he's redshirting), and we just need more time to build our numbers back up.

And many of their fans repeat it as the gospel truth. That line of bullshit drove me up the wall last year... I just hit them back with this constantly and get a blank stare...
http://blutarsky.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/85-man-rosters-are-so-overrated/

Coach34
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Auburn will be better than OM. Auburn will make the biggest improvement in the SEC next year. There's a start

I dont think Auburn has the players for this to happen. Gus will do a good job- but they have their work cut out for them in 2013 and not much depth.

biscuit
04-11-2013, 12:46 PM
aTm will lose to Bama, LSU will lose 4 games (one to us), Auburn will struggle to get 6 wins but will be much more competetive, and Arkansas will be a train wreck. If we can win the at Auburn and then beat LSU, this sets up for an 8 win season.

DiligenceDawg
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
If we end up more than a game away from OM (in either direction) I'd be surprised. LSU may lose a ton to the draft but if we are giving OM credit for a great class it was only slightly better than LSU's and the 2012 class (which is a better indicator of what we'll see on the field probably) is far and away in LSUs favor and for that matter so is ours.

We found out, just like they will, that winning on emotion is great but emotion runs out eventually.

I could see the winner of us and OM winning 8 and the other 7.