PDA

View Full Version : Threadlock on SPS after user objects to Rebel mod editing his posts

FlabLoser
04-10-2013, 07:36 AM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?105416-Chris-Kiffin-is-such-a-little-girl

SMH.

Pancake Rabbit edits Wooly17er's anti-olemiss post. Wooly objects. Bickering ensues. SPS mods rush to the defense of the sacred rabbit. Aannnddd thread lock.

Long live elitedawgs.

I sent wooley an elitedawgs invite. Wooly17er, come on down.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Good for six pack, keep running off members. Reading that board is like watching Idiocracy come to life.

TopDog58
04-10-2013, 08:21 AM
That board is sinking like the Slytanic, being commanded by terrible mods like Der and OP4. Good riddance.

PMDawg
04-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Flab, you spent almost 10 years over there and THIS is how you're going to be? You know you're allowed to use BOTH boards, right? This is a decent board so far, but I don't see a reason to run SPS into the mud over it. Almost everything this board is was copied directly from SPS by one of their own mods. On top of that, you're grossly misrepresenting what actually happened over there. I don't get this. You already have some MB cred, so I don't see the point. Again, there's merit to each board and no reason to quit one over the other. A lot of threads are copied back and forth anyway.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
what's wrong with stating the facts ? .... that goes on over there and all he was saying was he sent an invite to check out this board ... where is the trashing of SPS by Flab ?

Coach34
04-10-2013, 08:48 AM
On top of that, you're grossly misrepresenting what actually happened over there..

What exactly is Flab "grossly misrepresenting"?

Political Hack
04-10-2013, 08:58 AM
It's two very different styles between the two boards. This one is more about MSU fans IMO. The other one is a smart ass contest, which is often times hilarious and definitely has its place. I don't see the two as being competition and I believe DS has even been supportive and wished the guys here good luck with this board.

Like Flab though, I don't understand having rebel moderators on a "MSU board," but I think SixPack has become something more than an MSU board. With Nafoom imploded, the private rebel board has taken all of their traffic and the only legit free public board for rebels at this point is the pak.

Genespage is awesome.

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 09:05 AM
SPS has gotten worse over the years. Too many locks and Stans supporters...

Coach34
04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Genespage is awesome.

hahahaha....damn troll

Coach34
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
SPS has gotten worse over the years. Too many locks and Stans supporters...

It's one thing to support Stands- it's another to be completely irrational in your support of him. Especially after he blew up the program

Hating Ray for Stands failures just doesnt compute with me

PMDawg
04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
The thread was open for a very long time before it slowly disintegrated into a two person bitch fest. No one "rushed" to anything. Wooly can't be over 20 and he acts it. While I personally don't think OP should be a mod, he didnt do anything crazy. He edited a retarded post in an attempt at humor. Wooly then restated his original post, which stayed put. The original post, by the way, was telling OP to stick his head in a pile of turds. Really awesome post. Anyway, I don't think this board should be in competition with SPS. They are alike enough that you can like them both. They are different enough to both be interesting and worth reading. SPS is an MSU original. Maybe it's a little compromised after a 10 year run, but it can still be a fun place. If its not for you anymore, great, hang out here. I don't see a reason to be negative towards them. In summary - can't we all just get along?

I'm stepping off the soap box now. I won't be on this topic again. Just wanted to say my piece once, and I'll move on. If I misinterpreted flans OP, my apologies.

elitedawgs
04-10-2013, 09:29 AM
How could this happen? The pied piper hasn't been there for over a week, I thought him being gone was supposed to be the magical elixir to end all of those problems.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Anyway, I don't think this board should be in competition with SPS. They are alike enough that you can like them both. They are different enough to both be interesting and worth reading. SPS is an MSU original. Maybe it's a little compromised after a 10 year run, but it can still be a fun place. If its not for you anymore, great, hang out here. I don't see a reason to be negative towards them. In summary - can't we all just get along?

And I dont think we are in competition with them. They will always be bigger than this board. And they have some people that wouldnt post here if their lives depended on it (which I am thankful for). I dont want any ill will- just as DS doesnt. You dont have to explain to me what Sixpack is- I helped make the site what it is today. Hell, I still read a little over there. I just decided to retire from posting on the site.

That being said, Flab was just pointing out one of the reasons we started this site. They have a Rebel as a mod. They encourage Rebels to post there. And that's fine for some people- but not for others. No reason to get all uptight about it-

Wooly17er
04-10-2013, 09:56 AM
"Wooly can't be over 20 and acts like it." What makes you think this? Because I told the guy to "Go find a bucket of turds and stick your face in there"? (Come on man...that's funny). Would you have thought I was older if instead I told him to "Eat shit and die?" Or if I told him "I strongly disagree with the position you have taken, and in doing so I reiterate my position that the University of Mississippi's recruiting tactics of sending mass mailings to recruits is ridiculous."

Would either of the above "more mature" responses have been less likely to have been edited by the Rebel moderator? The fact that my post, regardless of content (that was not vulgar, threatening, or offensive) was edited by a Rebel is what led to the discussion. You may feel differently, but I felt it was an issue that needed to be addressed. And for the record, it was properly addressed and explained by dawgstudent (who agreed the post never should have been edited). I don't really care how old you may think I am, but this whole fiasco lead to a betterment of SPS - that being the fact that OP can no longer edit posts.

PMDawg
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Fair enough. And I wasn't directing that stuff at you personally, just explaining why I feel the way I do.

Peace.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 10:02 AM
And for the record, it was properly addressed and explained by dawgstudent (who agreed the post never should have been edited). I don't really care how old you may think I am, but this whole fiasco lead to a betterment of SPS - that being the fact that OP can no longer edit posts.

allow me to interject the fact that Elitedawgs being started + that fiasco is now the reason Pancake Rabbitt cant edit posts anymore after having that power for 10 years

Wooly17er
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
allow me to interject the fact that Elitedawgs being started + that fiasco is now the reason Pancake Rabbitt cant edit posts anymore after having that power for 10 years

And I would add that posts just like this one are why you are the "elitist" of the elite.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
welcome aboard Wooly .... and now might be a good time to remind folks that part of the beauty of this board (for me anyway) is the fact that personal attacks are discouraged here ... debate the opinion, not the person .... I certainly don't miss the comedians trying to be cool and witty by jumping on someone else

Coach34
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
welcome aboard Wooly .... and now might be a good time to remind folks that part of the beauty of this board (for me anyway) is the fact that personal attacks are discouraged here ... debate the opinion, not the person .... I certainly don't miss the comedians trying to be cool and witty by jumping on someone else

there's having fun and teasing a little- which is no problem- and a flat out personal attack. Want to try and avoid those.

Debate, argue, whatever...just make sure and point out using facts why what someone said might be dumb

M.Fillmore
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
I have never understood why MSU boards (6pack and GP) are scared of offending the confederate nation. They have never been afraid to lie about us.
I remember one of Fat Chuck Roundsaville's buddy's set up this elaborate lie that Jackie cheated to sign Paul Broussard, that Broussard was going to turn Jackie in to the NCAA, that Jackie used mafia contacts to have Broussard murdered and the FBI was closing in on Jackie. It was really sick stuff and Fat Chuck stood by the guy. Another time back in the Rebel Vent days they didn't like my posts on various boards, and they started a long thread trying to find out who I am so they could try to get me fired from my job. They ID'ed some engineer in Brandon and tried to get him fired. I'm no engineer and I've never lived in Brandon.

I say hammer the bears, early and often. They deserve far worse than they have ever received.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I think everyone has no trouble identifying the difference between good natured ribbing, lambasting someone who deserved it, and then just outright trying to degrade a person

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
+1

BeastMan
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I agree with you 100% Filimore. The white collar threats people have gotten are ridiculous.

Todd4State
04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
My problem- and maybe I need to post this on sixpack- is that last year after we lost the Governor's Cup, some Ole Miss fan (TCReb I think?) basically was trolling me and saying I was wrong about Cohen and pretty much bashed me, my baseball knowledge (which is fine) and MSU baseball and was being an idiot.

It was a pretty obvious troll and NOTHING was done about it.

And then yet, you have a guy making fun of Ole Miss on a MSU message board and this happens.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Well, all you have to do is look at Nafoom and Sixpack. Sixpack will let Rebels from all over come and jump on anyone- but Nafoom bans people damn pretty damn quick. Just a big difference in the way the boards are run.

Myself and others felt like an alternative was needed. And here we are

BrunswickDawg
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
SPS does seem to have evolved into something other than MSU-only in a way that makes long time lurkers like me more reluctant to ask questions or participate beyond reading. There is some great humor there, but the constant personality war can get old.

slickdawg
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
10 years ago it was all about freedom of speech, to be able to openly discuss Mississippi State athletics because Gene didn't allow for it.

fishwater99
04-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Several posters over there never have anything to add to a post except to make smart ass comments..(like kurtrambis4 and maddawg)..

gravedigger
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
It is a shame. The pack was once pretty good. But hd can't take a joke and just wants to be known for banning people. I have no problem with anyone else over there.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 12:22 PM
It is a shame. The pack was once pretty good. But hd can't take a joke and just wants to be known for banning people. I have no problem with anyone else over there.

he's happier than Paul Revere with a cell phone now that I'm gone from over there- he actually matters once again

Pollodawg
04-10-2013, 12:40 PM
hd tries too hard to cultivate this internet bad ass persona, so does derhuntr. I tell all the State fans I know that if they want real discussion about Mississippi State to come here.

tenureplan
04-10-2013, 12:41 PM
he's happier than Paul Revere with a cell phone now that I'm gone from over there- he actually matters once again

nm

Coach34
04-10-2013, 12:54 PM
hd tries too hard to cultivate this internet bad ass persona, so does derhuntr. I tell all the State fans I know that if they want real discussion about Mississippi State to come here.

We appreciate it. We'll grow over time- our member list is around 350 and we are getting twice that many visitors per day

Will James
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Several posters over there never have anything to add to a post except to make smart ass comments..(like kurtrambis4 and maddawg)..

Seshomoru, lasher, etc.

TopDog58
04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I have never understood why MSU boards (6pack and GP) are scared of offending the confederate nation. They have never been afraid to lie about us.
I remember one of Fat Chuck Roundsaville's buddy's set up this elaborate lie that Jackie cheated to sign Paul Broussard, that Broussard was going to turn Jackie in to the NCAA, that Jackie used mafia contacts to have Broussard murdered and the FBI was closing in on Jackie. It was really sick stuff and Fat Chuck stood by the guy. Another time back in the Rebel Vent days they didn't like my posts on various boards, and they started a long thread trying to find out who I am so they could try to get me fired from my job. They ID'ed some engineer in Brandon and tried to get him fired. I'm no engineer and I've never lived in Brandon.

I say hammer the bears, early and often. They deserve far worse than they have ever received.

Exactly right, Mr President. It's like the Rebels these past couple of years and their intense hatred of Mullen for waking their asses up and stirring up the rivalry. Sorry, there is NOTHING that Dan can do, and probably not much that any MSU fan can do that is more despicable than the whole XenaReb ordeal. As long as she's alive, she can wave the banner of psycho fan. And, she after all is a REBEL. Obsessed? Oh yes THEY are.

Drewbowski
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Genespage is awesome.

:confused:

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
DeSotocountydawg

sandwolf
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM
"Wooly can't be over 20 and acts like it." What makes you think this? Because I told the guy to "Go find a bucket of turds and stick your face in there"? (Come on man...that's funny).

No, that is not funny. Not at all.

Would you have thought I was older if instead I told him to "Eat shit and die?"

Yes.

Or if I told him "I strongly disagree with the position you have taken, and in doing so I reiterate my position that the University of Mississippi's recruiting tactics of sending mass mailings to recruits is ridiculous."

Yes.

The fact that my post, regardless of content (that was not vulgar, threatening, or offensive) was edited by a Rebel is what led to the discussion. You may feel differently, but I felt it was an issue that needed to be addressed.

I agree completely. It's bullshit for the mods at SPS to allow a bear to edit a State fan's posts, so that they can win an argument (or for any other reason). And I am glad to know that dawgstudent addressed it appropriately.

Rick Danko
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Well, all you have to do is look at Nafoom and Sixpack. Sixpack will let Rebels from all over come and jump on anyone- but Nafoom bans people damn pretty damn quick. Just a big difference in the way the boards are run.

Myself and others felt like an alternative was needed. And here we are

Do you believe this is because of page hits, which equals advertising revenue? Just curious what your's or any others opinion may be as to why a MSU site (or what most would consider one) would openly allow Rebel trolls to roam free.

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I'll jump in here. I think you guys are doing an awesome job with this board. I posted on SPS for years under 2-3 different names. I never realized OP was a mod, but I must say it makes more sense now as to why he's tolerated over there. And why trolls like Bruiser, DiamondReb, Fat Cheeseburger, and RebelVictory(?) are allowed to run rampant.

You guys are spot on about SPS having become a constant personality pissing contest. Our fearless leader, C34, is a prime example: No matter what he said, half the board was automatically with him, half was automatically against him. It really became ridiculous. HD has lost all sense of humor and become nothing more than a gigantic asshole. There is still good discussion there, but it's becoming harder and harder to find. I see a lot of people here giving Der hell. I really don't understand that. I've never had a problem with Der, and he's always struck me as trying to be fair. Unfortunately, SPS has become such a constant feces slinging contest, it's hard for all the mods trying to do the right thing.

I'm really enjoying this board so far. We've got actually MSU discussion without the bullshit that SPS has generated. We can debate positions and facts without the monkey flinging shit aspect. C34 has some solid info, and we've clearly got some of the best posters from SPS in terms of real sports knowledge. My guess is they feel more inclined to post here because they know their posts won't degenerate into endless bickering and they can actually discuss the topic.

I'd also agree there is still a place for both boards and neither is directly competing with the other. I still occasionally post on SPS and plan to continue, assuming the board doesn't continue to degenerate. But I'll also be frequently posting here, because honestly, I'm more comfortable posting my thoughts/opinions here, for the reasons I stated above: there's no instant bickering from some smartass trying to build internet cred. Just real MSU sports discussion from people who actually love State and want to talk MSU sports too.

Coach34
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Do you believe this is because of page hits, which equals advertising revenue? Just curious what your's or any others opinion may be as to why a MSU site (or what most would consider one) would openly allow Rebel trolls to roam free.

I think page hits are part of it for sure- the other part may be to see how far things will go or what kind of comedy will ensue

FlabLoser
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Of course is it page hits. SPS jumped the shark when it went from donation-based to ad-based. The change happened slowly and it has been awful the last year or two.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2013, 03:43 PM
it seems to me that the better posters are or already have migrated over ...War-Mdawg you just stated it perfectly

12five98
04-10-2013, 04:11 PM

Maddawg is the worst. His constant jabs at our basketball program is one of the reasons I don't read over there anymore. Oh, and patdog.

Will James
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Maddawg is the worst. His constant jabs at our basketball program is one of the reasons I don't read over there anymore. Oh, and patdog.

I like Pat as a poster. The brainless drones are what makes it irritating sometimes.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I'll jump in here. I think you guys are doing an awesome job with this board. I posted on SPS for years under 2-3 different names. I never realized OP was a mod, but I must say it makes more sense now as to why he's tolerated over there. And why trolls like Bruiser, DiamondReb, Fat Cheeseburger, and RebelVictory(?) are allowed to run rampant.

You guys are spot on about SPS having become a constant personality pissing contest. Our fearless leader, C34, is a prime example: No matter what he said, half the board was automatically with him, half was automatically against him. It really became ridiculous. HD has lost all sense of humor and become nothing more than a gigantic asshole. There is still good discussion there, but it's becoming harder and harder to find. I see a lot of people here giving Der hell. I really don't understand that. I've never had a problem with Der, and he's always struck me as trying to be fair. Unfortunately, SPS has become such a constant feces slinging contest, it's hard for all the mods trying to do the right thing.

I'm really enjoying this board so far. We've got actually MSU discussion without the bullshit that SPS has generated. We can debate positions and facts without the monkey flinging shit aspect. C34 has some solid info, and we've clearly got some of the best posters from SPS in terms of real sports knowledge. My guess is they feel more inclined to post here because they know their posts won't degenerate into endless bickering and they can actually discuss the topic.

I'd also agree there is still a place for both boards and neither is directly competing with the other. I still occasionally post on SPS and plan to continue, assuming the board doesn't continue to degenerate. But I'll also be frequently posting here, because honestly, I'm more comfortable posting my thoughts/opinions here, for the reasons I stated above: there's no instant bickering from some smartass trying to build internet cred. Just real MSU sports discussion from people who actually love State and want to talk MSU sports too.

Could not agree more. With every bit of this^^

DesotoCountyDawg
04-10-2013, 07:57 PM
DeSotocountydawg

Thanks!

I seen it dawg
04-10-2013, 08:08 PM
SPS is just asshattery and douchebags for the most part now. It's all ****ing kumbaya and mods imposing their will at this point since the new board started. Don't worry all the Rebs will be back in force running the place once football starts.

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks Fish, Cadaver! Just calling it like I see it. I don't mind a few Bearz, but letting them rule the roost the way SPS has the last 2-3 years is ridiculous. You can't even make a legit point without "Bruiser to the rescue!!!" And God forbid you actually make fun of them.

I also think SPS has kinda become a victim of its own success in a way. At first it was a place for realistic, but somewhat negative, discussion of MSU. Then it got the rep of being "the negative board" and has attracted all the looney tunes who do nothing but bitch. Sure, SPS has helped point out some flaws at Our State that needed to be addressed. But now a lot of it is just over the top bitching for the sake of bitching. Every rookie GP refugee immediately runs to SPS and the board has suffered as a result.

swdawg
04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
you have to include Tenureplan in that list, too.

Seshomoru, lasher, etc.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Coach, will you give some insight about the future of this board? What are the failures of six pack that you are taking into account to keep this board successful?

Coach34
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Coach, will you give some insight about the future of this board? What are the failures of six pack that you are taking into account to keep this board successful?

We are still kicking around ideas. Nothing is set in stone as to where we are headed yet. I think the basis on which the board was founded- a State board for State people- is pretty solid. I think the vbookie addition is fun for people. The political board is doing well and creating some good discussion.

We are also open to ideas. We may not act on them, but listening doesnt hurt.

slickdawg
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM

I missed this - really?