PDA

View Full Version : And now Frost rounds back into his usual form....

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
looks like we will lose this game all in one inning. CRAP! We could have pulled back to .500 and now we are still going to be at 5-7.

engie
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Here you go quitting early in games again...

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Here you go quitting early in games again...

Well don't worry yourself so much about it. I'm definitely well prepared for the loss at this point with a 4 run deficit but if we can come back and win I'll be elated. I'm sure how I feel has a tremendous effect on the game.

msstate7
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Well don't worry yourself so much about it. I'm definitely well prepared for the loss at this point with a 4 run deficit but if we can come back and win I'll be elated. I'm sure how I feel has a tremendous effect on the game.

We'll see Harris soon. Remember the guy that blew us away yesterday? That's Harris. Coming back will be very difficult today

HereComesTheSpiral
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Can Pirtle play third?

WeWillScrewItUp
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Can Pirtle play third?

Can't be any worse than the Sam "big error" Frost. Hell try Ammo at 3rd. What's the worse thing that could happen?

msstate7
04-07-2013, 03:42 PM
We'll see Harris soon. Remember the guy that blew us away yesterday? That's Harris. Coming back will be very difficult today

Here he is. Hopefully his velocity is down today. Come on Mitch...

Coach34
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Can't be any worse than the Sam "big error" Frost. Hell try Ammo at 3rd. What's the worse thing that could happen?

Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. The thing is- while he makes some errors, he gets to way more balls than Norris would at 3b- thereby the pitching staff gives up less hits.

We're just kind of damned if you do- damned if you dont at 3rd

WeWillScrewItUp
04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. The thing is- while he makes some errors, he gets to way more balls than Norris would at 3b- thereby the pitching staff gives up less hits.

An error is an error is the way I look at it. If you can't make the throw from 3rd to 1st then no you are not a pretty good 3rd baseman. Ammo playing 3rd is kind of a joke but I have no doubt he could make the throw if he could stop the ball.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=WeWillScrewItUp;2032]An error is an error is the way I look at it. If you can't make the throw from 3rd to 1st then no you are not a pretty good 3rd baseman. Ammo playing 3rd is kind of a joke but I have no doubt he could make the throw if he could stop the

He does have a rocket launcher for an arm.

Coach34
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
An error is an error is the way I look at it. .

well, that's not really a true statement. Some are worse than others

But aGAIN, if we play Norris there, we get less errors- but other teams get more hits vs us

WeWillScrewItUp
04-07-2013, 04:33 PM
well, that's not really a true statement. Some are worse than others

But aGAIN, if we play Norris there, we get less errors- but other teams get more hits vs us

A hit past Norris into left field is a single a ball stopped by frost and thrown away stands a greater chance of the hitter getting to 2nd base. Just my opinion.

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Now there's an oxymoronic statement: "Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman." Exactly, he's not a good 3rd baseman BECAUSE he doesn't have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. There are lots of good fielders who have to play 2nd base because there arm isn't strong enough for 3rd or even SS. Frost will always be a liability over there because of his arm strength but that doesn't seem to bother Cohen.