PDA

View Full Version : Freshman of influence

msstate7
04-03-2013, 05:56 PM
What freshman makes the biggest impact this fall? I'm going with Shelby christy. I've gotta good feeling about him and wr is a position we'll need immediate help.

msstate7
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I was talking about true freshmen. If you include redshirts, ill go with richie brown

Coach34
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
What freshman makes the biggest impact this fall? I'm going with Shelby christy. I've gotta good feeling about him and wr is a position we'll need immediate help.

I'm going with Fred Ross. With us using more TE's and Micheal Carr re-joining the team, I think only 1 freshman WR will get to play- and I'm choosing Ross. I think Ross and Jones end up being the only 2 true freshman that even play. We have such a young team- there is nowhere for any of these guys to play to get reps to make it worth burning a year instead of RS'ing

tenureplan
04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Artimas Samuel since he's already 25

msstate7
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Artimas Samuel since he's already 25

Is he really 25? Minor leaguer or what?

msstate7
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm going with Fred Ross. With us using more TE's and Micheal Carr re-joining the team, I think only 1 freshman WR will get to play- and I'm choosing Ross. I think Ross and Jones end up being the only 2 true freshman that even play. We have such a young team- there is nowhere for any of these guys to play to get reps to make it worth burning a year instead of RS'ing

We do agree it'll be wr. If it was newcomer of influence, I'd go with Carr. I think Carr has big year with Tyler throwing to him

tenureplan
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Is he really 25? Minor leaguer or what?

I was exagerating, but he spent a year at Hargrave

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I like Ross as well.

If we could count a Medical redshirt Freshman, I would say Cedric Giles.

That guy wants to be a pro, bad. A buddy of mine that lives near Clinton High School told me he has seen Cedric running around Clinton with a weighted backpack on in his time off, and that he looks like a damn Navy Seal in training. He also seems like a good guy. I hope he turns out to be a good one.

Has BeastMan or anybody else seen how he's doing in Spring Practice so far?

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Cristy had an injury that might keep him from contributing as a Tf. I can't remember what it was though. I'm going with Ross.

hailmari
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh, Giles has been showing out in practices ever since he's been on campus. He's not just a good player, he's a State fan. He can be found at most athletic events.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Oh, Giles has been showing out in practices ever since he's been on campus. He's not just a good player, he's a State fan. He can be found at most athletic events.

Love hearing this. Thanks.

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Jiles looks good. He's battling Redmond for the spot opposite cox

msstate7
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Jiles looks good. He's battling Redmond for the spot opposite cox

When are we going to hear punishment concerning Redmond?

quickstrike2
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I hope its Ross, would be nice for a freshman receiver to come in an make a difference. Jiles would be nice as well, feel better about the secondary than I did a few months ago.

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
When are we going to hear punishment concerning Redmond?

I don't think anyone can answer that. It's getting ridiculous. Brackey needs to get this cleared ASAP

Todd4State
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Chris Jones! Fred Ross makes a lot of sense. I would like to see Ashton Shumpert be a RB tandem with Robinson like I talked about yesterday.

Coach34
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Chris Jones! Fred Ross makes a lot of sense. I would like to see Ashton Shumpert be a RB tandem with Robinson like I talked about yesterday.

No need to waste Shumpert as a 4th team at best RB in 2013. While he may end up being really good- he wont be as good as Perkins or JRob- so no need to play him. Dont waste a season for 20 carries at most

mic
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
like coach said i see everyone getting RS except for Ross and Jones. And I expect jones to be used like Clowney at USC his frosh year.. mostly 3rd and passing downs where his goal is to "get the QB"..
and im not 100% convienced that shump will stay at RB.. this guy may be too good on the defensive side of the ball not to play there.. esp if we sign a couple of true big time RB in 2014..

FlabLoser
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see that with Jones. Don't think, just get to the QB.

Todd4State
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
No need to waste Shumpert as a 4th team at best RB in 2013. While he may end up being really good- he wont be as good as Perkins or JRob- so no need to play him. Dont waste a season for 20 carries at most

I see what you are saying, but if it were me, I'm using Perkins as an athlete, and then using Robinson and Shumpert as my two backs. I don't have a lot of confidence in Milton.

Dan will do what you are saying though.

msstate7
04-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I see what you are saying, but if it were me, I'm using Perkins as an athlete, and then using Robinson and Shumpert as my two backs. I don't have a lot of confidence in Milton.

I agree with how you wanna use Perkins. He's most dangerous as a receiver with few runs mixed in.

Coach34
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM

we're in total agreement on how Perkins should be used

FISHDAWG
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I can't wait to see what C Jones will do but I don't think it will be this year we are in pretty good shape on the ends ... only real choice left is Fred Ross and he may or may not get a lot of playing time ... good question, I'm going with W. Redmon as my dark horse

msstate7
04-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Speaking of freshmen, any chance Donald gray qualifies?

Coach34
04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Speaking of freshmen, any chance Donald gray qualifies?

havent heard anything lately- I know that they had a plan for him all mapped out to make it- but it was going to take a shit ton of work on his part. He may also have to go to summer school to graduate. But there is a plan and he is a pretty good kid supposedly- hopefully he has been working hard to get it done