Will James
04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTycd7giXQU

CadaverDawg
04-02-2013, 08:15 PM
+1

engie
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Yep, win or lose -- this outing was HUGE for this team going forward. He wasn't as dominant as he has potential to be, but he threw damn strikes....

Do we try to throw him on Sunday or do we save him for the Gov Cup? I wouldn't mind throwing him Sunday and letting Lindgren throw the Gov Cup.... Then having them both start @ aTm in the order we'd initially expected(Woodruff, Graveman, Lindgren)... I guess that's ideal anyway, although possibly unrealistic...

Will James
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Save him for the Bears no doubt.

slickdawg
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Today hopefully marks the return of Woodruff - hopefully he got a lot of confidence tonight.

Coach34
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Today hopefully marks the return of Woodruff - hopefully he got a lot of confidence tonight.

no kidding- we needed that like American soldiers needed penicillin on a furlough in Vietnam

Todd4State
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
According to MSU stats, he only threw 68 pitches tonight. That's pretty efficient.

I'm not sure what Cohen and his staff are planning- a lot is going to depend on Lindgren, although I am hearing good reports on him.

I am pretty sure it will be Pollorena on Friday, Graveman on Saturday against Florida, and then Sunday ????????. Personally, I think there is a very good chance it will be Lindgren on Sunday and then Woodruff goes again in the Governor's Cup. Ross is still a possibility but probably less of a possibility than he was on Monday, and I would have to think that there is a chance it could be Will Cox as well.

Lindgren was throwing 200 feet during his long toss session, and that's a REALLY good sign and why I think we will either see him Sunday or Tuesday.

Todd4State
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Also, we need to remember that Woodruff was coming off of an injury to start the year- it's probably a good idea to be careful with him for a couple of weeks. One more good outing next week and then we can easily transition him into the Friday spot during the Auburn series, which actually starts on a Thursday.

My guess is he was on a 65 pitch count today, and maybe we can expand that to 80-100 next week.

engie
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Woody threw 86 and 70 pitches in his first 2 outings of the year off the injury...so, if he was on a strict pitch count today, IMO it seems to point to the expectation that(if he was good today), we will have him available on Sunday against Florida... if Lindgren can't go...

WeWillScrewItUp
04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Are we thinking Woody may have found his confidence tonight?

engie
04-03-2013, 12:37 AM
He definitely found something...

Still wasn't overpowering with his fastball and his breaker wasn't as sharp as it can be and he threw to a bunch of contact -- so it wasn't his "best"-- but he certainly pounded the strike zone...which is an improvement(in my confidence anyway) on every other player we can put in the Sunday slot save Ross Mitchell or Lindgren...

I feel like it's a new season with optimism for Woodruff getting it together going forward -- and now positive reports coming out about Lindgren(I was VERY worried about the initial reports)...

theloungeinleft
04-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Would love to see Woodruff start at the Governor's Cup.

Spider-Man
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Yep, win or lose -- this outing was HUGE for this team going forward. He wasn't as dominant as he has potential to be, but he threw damn strikes....

Do we try to throw him on Sunday or do we save him for the Gov Cup? I wouldn't mind throwing him Sunday and letting Lindgren throw the Gov Cup.... Then having them both start @ aTm in the order we'd initially expected(Woodruff, Graveman, Lindgren)... I guess that's ideal anyway, although possibly unrealistic...

More than likely, I think we will not see Woodruff this weekend. I expect him to get the start against OM. I think he is in the rotation for the Auburn series.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Would love to see Woodruff start at the Governor's Cup.

I agree. I would love to see him start and have a good game in the Governor's Cup. It would be a great confidence boost if he were to have success against an SEC team.

Coach34
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I would love to see him start and have a good game in the Governor's Cup. It would be a great confidence boost if he were to have success against an SEC team.

That's the place to try it- when it doesnt count in the standings. Makes the most sense to start him there and then transition him to the weekend if he has another good outing

WeWillScrewItUp
04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Couldn't agree more coach. I'm also hoping that with them throwing a midweek starter our boys will hit well enough to give him a little insurance that will help him relax and just deal.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 10:50 AM
That's the place to try it- when it doesnt count in the standings. Makes the most sense to start him there and then transition him to the weekend if he has another good outing

Question...Does the Governor's cup not count in the standings at all? Or does it just not count in the SEC standings? I thought it counted in overall record, but not in SEC record, but I just wanted to make sure.

Spider-Man
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Question...Does the Governor's cup not count in the standings at all? Or does it just not count in the SEC standings? I thought it counted in overall record, but not in SEC record, but I just wanted to make sure.

It doesn't count in the SEC standings. It goes against the overall record.

Bo Darville
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM

It is a non-conference game. No different than playing Southern Miss, South Alabama, or Purdue.