PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Season Finale

BulldogBear
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Stoneheart my A$$. Lena, you're a twitter fibber.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2014, 11:51 PM
What was stoneheart suppose to be alluding to?

All in all, I was underwhelmed with the episode.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Im starting to become bored with the show. something needs to happen and they need to cut out about half of the story lines

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Stoneheart is a major character that should be close to making an appearance. With the tweet a couple weeks ago, it was expected that we would see Stoneheart in the finale.

Stoneheart will be one of the first new characters we meet in Season 5.

Trying to answer your question without spoiling it.

Now, last night's finale.
I thought Stannis' army coming in was done well. Sets up for some major story lines at the Wall in Season 5.
I hate the Bran/Heart Tree crap. Hate it. Lose interest when they go to that storyline.
Dany is starting to have trouble ruling. Some major things happening across the narrow sea with Tyrion headed that way.
Speaking of Tyrion, he killed his pop on the toilet on father's day. It wasn't an epic scene, but awesome. Cersei now has no one to stop her.
And Arya is headed to Bravos, where her "dance master" and the faceless assassin were from. Very interested in seeing this storyline develop.

Cabo32
06-16-2014, 11:05 AM
By far the best part of the episode was when the golden company showed up. They were pretty badass. I thought stoneheart would make an appearance. As for bran, yeah that shit is boring. Also the mountain, they are going somewhat different with his story. Spoiler ^*****

I thought they sent the mountains head to dorne? After the scene last night you can pretty much solve who robert strong is in the books

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 11:56 AM
They do seem to be changing the Mountain's story a little bit.

We'll meet the Sand sisters in Season 5.

War Machine Dawg
06-17-2014, 09:50 AM
They do seem to be changing the Mountain's story a little bit.

We'll meet the Sand sisters in Season 5.

I think it's a TV vs book thing for the Mountain's story. And if you read the books, it is just a large skull that is sent to Dorne. It's assumed to be the Mountain because of the size of the skull. Spoiler alert: Robert Strong Theory (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert_Strong/Theories) and Gregor Clegane's head (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gregor_Clegane)

I'm super excited to see Dorne and meet the Sand Snakes and the rest of the Dornish family. The Sand Snakes are badass. I just hope they don't screw up the casting the way they did with Asha/Yara.

HATE the changes they've made to Bran's story. Some major departures that will greatly alter things.

Bear: I'm guessing Jojen's death destroys your theory that Jojen is really Howland. If not, enlighten us.

Events at the Wall are definitely about to heat up. And more Melisandre is never a bad thing.

Dany is screwed. Inability to control her dragons will be her undoing.

SheltonChoked
06-17-2014, 10:04 AM
This did not resolve as many stories as I was hoping, and I hated the fight with Brianne and the Hound. Just screws up some later happenings.

For next season I'm looking forward to Dorne, Araya's storyline, and parts of Bran's. Not as much Cercei (with one noteable exception) or Dany. Dany story gets old in the next books.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
No chance hound is dead.

curmudgeon
06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
He dead Ennis. He dead.

War Machine Dawg
06-18-2014, 12:16 PM
He dead Ennis. He dead.

Sadly, I agree. He had become one of my favorite characters in both the books and tv.

Dawgsrule
06-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Hounds dead and gone

BulldogBear
06-21-2014, 08:23 AM
I think it's a TV vs book thing for the Mountain's story. And if you read the books, it is just a large skull that is sent to Dorne. It's assumed to be the Mountain because of the size of the skull. Spoiler alert: Robert Strong Theory (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert_Strong/Theories) and Gregor Clegane's head (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gregor_Clegane)

I'm super excited to see Dorne and meet the Sand Snakes and the rest of the Dornish family. The Sand Snakes are badass. I just hope they don't screw up the casting the way they did with Asha/Yara.

HATE the changes they've made to Bran's story. Some major departures that will greatly alter things.

Bear: I'm guessing Jojen's death destroys your theory that Jojen is really Howland. If not, enlighten us.

Events at the Wall are definitely about to heat up. And more Melisandre is never a bad thing.

Dany is screwed. Inability to control her dragons will be her undoing.

!!!POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR NONBOOK READERS!!!!!

Actually no, but I think it confirms Jojen Paste in my opinion. So, I already knew if Jojen Paste was true he was going to have died without a tell-all moment, although Meera can confirm that he is in fact her father instead of her brother. I think it's typical GRRM torture. We're going to find out from Meera in a Bran chapter in "The Winds of Winter" that he was Howland incognito and there'll be no one left to confirm anything that happened at the Tower of Joy right!!??? This is just going to be GRRM 17ing with us.

If you'll remember in book one it says ..."when THEY found him, still clutching Lyanna's body." Howland Reed is a "he," not a "they." Someone else was there. There are many interesting theories to this. You'll love the one I subscribe to. Notice, Ned never claims to have killed Arthur Dayne. He only says that he (Ned) would have been slain but for Howland Reed. He also only says that Dayne's death made him sad. I personally think Dayne was already killed... at the Trident wearing Rhaegar's armor. This is one reason his death was tragic to Ned. Dayne = Petroculus, Rhaegar = Achilles.

Both Dayne and Rhaegar are Mary Jane characters but I believe at least one of them is alive. I believe it's Rhaegar. This is a great theory for when I have more time. I think, like Howland Reed, he's been hidden under our nose the whole time.

Rhaegar Targaryen = Mance Rayder

Tahdah!!!

I'm gonna kill some time before football starts by setting up a thread for book theories in which I'll put some of these out. I hate to keep hijacking threads with theories that may spoil something for show only folks.

bgdog
06-21-2014, 04:25 PM
!!!POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR NONBOOK READERS!!!!!

Actually no, but I think it confirms Jojen Paste in my opinion. So, I already knew if Jojen Paste was true he was going to have died without a tell-all moment, although Meera can confirm that he is in fact her father instead of her brother. I think it's typical GRRM torture. We're going to find out from Meera in a Bran chapter in "The Winds of Winter" that he was Howland incognito and there'll be no one left to confirm anything that happened at the Tower of Joy right!!??? This is just going to be GRRM 17ing with us.

If you'll remember in book one it says ..."when THEY found him, still clutching Lyanna's body." Howland Reed is a "he," not a "they." Someone else was there. There are many interesting theories to this. You'll love the one I subscribe to. Notice, Ned never claims to have killed Arthur Dayne. He only says that he (Ned) would have been slain but for Howland Reed. He also only says that Dayne's death made him sad. I personally think Dayne was already killed... at the Trident wearing Rhaegar's armor. This is one reason his death was tragic to Ned. Dayne = Petroculus, Rhaegar = Achilles.

Both Dayne and Rhaegar are Mary Jane characters but I believe at least one of them is alive. I believe it's Rhaegar. This is a great theory for when I have more time. I think, like Howland Reed, he's been hidden under our nose the whole time.

Rhaegar Targaryen = Mance Rayder

Tahdah!!!

I'm gonna kill some time before football starts by setting up a thread for book theories in which I'll put some of these out. I hate to keep hijacking threads with theories that may spoil something for show only folks.

Ha a lot of that seems tenuous I look forward to the thread though. What is it that made you think jojen was really howland?

bgdog
06-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Also why would Rhaegar be Mance Rayder? How would that even work? If Rhaegar is still alive why would he be mance? That seems like a big leap. Their physical descriptions are wildy different for one. Also, that means he is was essentially living with his uncle on the wall for quite a while without him knowing. Also, he would essentially just be hanging out with wildings while a king Robert is trying to have his siblings killed it seems a bit cowardly considering Rhaegar is the prototypical authorian knight in the series.

I would like to hear the theory though

Cabo32
06-22-2014, 11:02 AM
That theory became popular when the actor that play theon said that jon snow parents have a similar Luke skywalker story. That is one theory I'm just not too sure of.

War Machine Dawg
06-22-2014, 02:49 PM
I just can't buy Rhaegar still being alive. He was killed IN BATTLE. Too many people would have seen him die for it to be anyone else. If Rhaegar was alive, it would have leaked from someone. But I can certainly go along with the idea that there might have been at least one more survivor at the TOJ.

Btw, rumors are flying that GRRM is going to have to split his book aGAIN. Apparently one of the editors sent a tweet implying that WOW will be split. I hate that fat bastard. Kill some more POV people, start narrowing down the story, and get the damn series finished already. Hell, the TV show is starting to rapidly catch up with the books. If GRRM doesn't get WOW released in the next year, the TV show will be approaching a point of bypassing the books in some places.

ETA: Why don't we title TV threads GoT and book threads ASOIAF so we can easily differentiate and TV only people can avoid spoilers? Just a thought I had.

Political Hack
06-22-2014, 06:07 PM
when does Ragnar show up?

I was a little disappointed with the finale although the fight with the Hound, the Wall, and Tyrian kept me engaged.

BulldogBear
06-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Ha a lot of that seems tenuous I look forward to the thread though. What is it that made you think jojen was really howland?

Here's a link to a previous thread where we discussed that one and hit on a couple of others as well:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?13827-Game-of-Thrones/page3

bgdog
06-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Here's a link to a previous thread where we discussed that one and hit on a couple of others as well:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?13827-Game-of-Thrones/page3

Awesome I dont know how i missed that thread I really enjoyed it. You are a pretty creative dude btw. I disagree about the theory though, I think jojen "having the secondsight" or whatever it's called explains a lot about why he is the way he is, meera being respectful and deferring to jojens judgement, in fantasy the wise small meek man is somewhat of a familiar archetype etc..

I'm enjoying this I want to hear all of your theories haha

BoomBoom
06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
I just can't buy Rhaegar still being alive. He was killed IN BATTLE. Too many people would have seen him die for it to be anyone else. If Rhaegar was alive, it would have leaked from someone. But I can certainly go along with the idea that there might have been at least one more survivor at the TOJ.

Btw, rumors are flying that GRRM is going to have to split his book aGAIN. Apparently one of the editors sent a tweet implying that WOW will be split. I hate that fat bastard. Kill some more POV people, start narrowing down the story, and get the damn series finished already. Hell, the TV show is starting to rapidly catch up with the books. If GRRM doesn't get WOW released in the next year, the TV show will be approaching a point of bypassing the books in some places.

ETA: Why don't we title TV threads GoT and book threads ASOIAF so we can easily differentiate and TV only people can avoid spoilers? Just a thought I had.

i actually find that somewhat comforting. it implies they have a date set for the release, and that he can't make it but can if the book is split, so that date has to be SOON. like spring/summer 2015. falls in line with my theory that WoW was set for Fall 2014, but they realized GRRM wouldn't make it so they pushed back the LoIaF to then. If you know much about major book releases, it's like movies, they set the release date WAY ahead of time after considering competing releases, peak purchase periods, etc. If he splits the book, he can focus now on finishing the storylines that the show is threatening on ruining, and put the others in the next book.

BulldogBear
07-03-2014, 05:56 PM
i actually find that somewhat comforting. it implies they have a date set for the release, and that he can't make it but can if the book is split, so that date has to be SOON. like spring/summer 2015. falls in line with my theory that WoW was set for Fall 2014, but they realized GRRM wouldn't make it so they pushed back the LoIaF to then. If you know much about major book releases, it's like movies, they set the release date WAY ahead of time after considering competing releases, peak purchase periods, etc. If he splits the book, he can focus now on finishing the storylines that the show is threatening on ruining, and put the others in the next book.

I'm really hoping it is not split again UNLESS that means we get a book quicker. Question I have is... if it's split, has he resigned himself to making it 8 total?

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-03-2014, 08:27 PM
God I hope not. It is already getting boring. Cut the characters and speed it up!

mparkerfd20
07-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Stoneheart ain't happening btw it looks like. Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

http://theweek.com/article/index/263835/game-of-thrones-is-making-a-huge-mistake-by-cutting-lady-stoneheart

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Stoneheart ain't happening btw it looks like. Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

http://theweek.com/article/index/263835/game-of-thrones-is-making-a-huge-mistake-by-cutting-lady-stoneheart

That's depressing as hell. I was ready for the internet to melt down when Lady Stoneheart appeared. Also, gotta agree with the article that this likely indicates her arc in the books isn't going to have a huge impact on the outcome of the story. I'd suspected as much, but it would seem GoT's decision confirms it. It'll also be interesting to see how much this changes the stories for Brienne, Pod, and Jamie.

mparkerfd20
07-14-2014, 12:04 PM
That's depressing as hell. I was ready for the internet to melt down when Lady Stoneheart appeared. Also, gotta agree with the article that this likely indicates her arc in the books isn't going to have a huge impact on the outcome of the story. I'd suspected as much, but it would seem GoT's decision confirms it. It'll also be interesting to see how much this changes the stories for Brienne, Pod, and Jamie.

Yeah that article just depressed me about the show and books altogether.

BulldogBear
07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Quoting someone on that article: "It just makes no sense to claim 'Not enough time' when the show is clearly wasting time with new material invented just for the show."

This disappoints me because it somewhat waters down the "great northern conspiracy." Maybe they don't want too many characters coming back to life. I'll tell you what it does almost confirm to me.... I've half-thought that GRRM just fires the arrows out there (myriads of story lines) with no real freakin' idea where he's going with 'em. Ticks me off really... It's like he says to himself, "oooh, that sounds cool, let's stir things up with this offshoot. I'll find some way to tie it in later...and if not, oh well, I'll have a dragon burn them crispy (cough), I mean, have someone put a sword through their head. Hahah! Fooled you. That was only a minor character who now sports the ax-in-the-face look trending in Westeros right now! Bwahahahah! Suckers."

Really starting get impatient for the next book so hopefully I can confirm or debunk 1/3 of my theories and move on.

On Stoneheart's Frey hunt: I guess they're just gonna a keep Beric around now and they can still go with the retribution role for the BWoB. Frey Pie anyone???