PDA

View Full Version : Turn season finale was great

Political Hack
06-09-2014, 09:02 AM
not sure how many of y'all watched the series but I enjoyed it. the finale was really good.

BulldogBear
06-09-2014, 03:20 PM
I've watched all but episodes 9&10. They're on DVR, but I haven't found time to sit down and watch them yet.

Political Hack
06-09-2014, 06:44 PM
the last episode was really good. by far my favorite episode of the season. let me know what you think after you watch it.

Gordon Gekko
06-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I just watched the last episode. The series started out slow but the last few episodes have really turned it up and I am hooked. I was hoping that wasn't the season finale but i see that it is. Has it been picked up for a second season?

War Machine Dawg
06-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Just finished catching up......Mind. Blown. Amazing finale. Hopefully AMC picks it up for season 2. As a history nerd, I'm hooked. I have the book it's based on, I'll have to dig it out and read it now, but especially before next season if it gets renewed.

The Anna-Abraham story interests me. In a way, I'm rooting for them to wind up together even though I know it's wrong. Mary shocked the hell out of me at the end of the episode. She's one of my favorite characters now.

Political Hack
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM
yeah, Mary went from ho-hum to an instant fan favorite in that episode.

War Machine Dawg
07-02-2014, 07:03 PM
In other AMC series news, Turn got picked up for season 2. YES! YES! YES!

BulldogBear
07-02-2014, 07:14 PM
I finally watched 9&10 myself Hack. On the whole I think it was superb! Good action and climax. But I'm a little tired of the tropic star-crossed lovers have to be adulterers crap. I particularly don't want to have to root for the guy that can't be happy with the cute little wife he's got. I guess I'm saying it's just bad writing. The heroic adultery thing is boring to me. Other than that aspect I think it's great writing.

Political Hack
07-02-2014, 07:45 PM
I don't particularly care for it either, but I think it's more of a condemnation of the times as opposed to the acceptance of adultery. The marriage was arranged after his brother died and he stepped in to fill his shoes. That's not "love." It's different so I can understand the wavering given the circumstances.