PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Pistorious trial

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 09:36 AM
is being offered on your iPad and iPhone through ESPN3. Does anyone else find that completely disgusting? ESPN is the devil. This might be OT.

smootness
04-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Eh, I'm not really sure how it's disgusting. It's being televised, do you find that disgusting?

Maybe because it's in South Africa, so it really doesn't apply to us, I can see the point. But I have no issue with public trials.

And btw, his defense is insanely ridiculous. If his version of events is 100% accurate, he should still spend the rest of his life in prison.

starkvegasdawg
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
And btw, his defense is insanely ridiculous. If his version of events is 100% accurate, he should still spend the rest of his life in prison.

You are correct. Because when people break into a home the first thing they always do is go to the bathroom to take a leak. Still baffles my mind how he can wake up and not notice his smoking hot girlfriend is not in bed with him, hear a noise in the crapper, assume that is an intruder and not his girlfriend, and then shoot through the door without even asking, "Honey, did the Kung Pow platter not agree with you?".

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Eh, I'm not really sure how it's disgusting. It's being televised, do you find that disgusting?

Maybe because it's in South Africa, so it really doesn't apply to us, I can see the point. But I have no issue with public trials.

Being on TV isn't the disgusting part to me it's that it's being offered on iPad's and iPhone's now. Watching a murder trial on your phone? That's ****ed up.

smootness
04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah, and he claims that a) he yelled into the bathroom with no response, as though his girlfriend won't let him know it's her in there so don't freaking shoot me; and b) even if he somehow, through some ridiculous chance honestly thought she was in bed and it was an intruder, you don't just go shooting through a door.

Obviously he didn't know she was in bed and it wasn't her because it was. So best-case scenario, he's a lunatic who starts shooting through closed doors without being 100% sure it isn't his girlfriend he's shooting. Ok, so he's afraid because of his legs...at least wait until you know who's there before you start blindly shooting. Or go put your legs on and make sure it isn't your girlfriend first.

smootness
04-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Being on TV isn't the disgusting part to me it's that it's being offered on iPad's and iPhone's now. Watching a murder trial on your phone? That's ****ed up.

That's how things are watched. Why do you have a problem with watching a trial on your phone but not on your tv?

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
That's how things are watched. Why do you have a problem with watching a trial on your phone but not on your tv?

Just find it disgusting that we as Americans are watching a murder trial in South Africa in the most convenient way possible that technology has allowed us. You got problems if you're watching a murder trial on your phone. 2c

chainedup_Dawg
04-09-2014, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=smootness;160954]Yeah, and he claims that a) he yelled into the bathroom with no response, as though his girlfriend won't let him know it's her in there so don't freaking shoot me; "

This right here is all I had to hear from him to know he was full of shit. He claimed he yelled a couple of times at her. I don't know of one person that if yelled at in the middle of the night numerous times wouldn't respond. At least with a "Shut the hell up, I'm trying to take a piss!" or something.

SignalToNoise
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Just find it disgusting that we as Americans are watching a murder trial in South Africa in the most convenient way possible that technology has allowed us. You got problems if you're watching a murder trial on your phone. 2c

It's ****ed up that people are using a convenient method of consuming information? That actually makes perfect sense.

*******, do you try to be so obtuse? You have got to be one of the worst posters on this board.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
It's ****ed up that people are using a convenient method of consuming information? That actually makes perfect sense.

*******, do you try to be so obtuse? You have got to be one of the worst posters on this board.

Hahaha consuming information my ass. Go ahead and spin it to make you feel more human again. Weirdos watching murder trials on their phones to "consume information". Hahahaha you funny bro

SignalToNoise
04-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Hahaha consuming information my ass. Go ahead and spin it to make you feel more human again. Weirdos watching murder trials on their phones to "consume information". Hahahaha you funny bro

Prayers sent.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Prayers sent.

Cool story. Get on your knees.

smootness
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
It just seems like if you have a problem with people watching it on their phone, you would also have a problem with them watching it on tv. The distinction between the two is what is weird.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 12:45 PM

You don't think if the OJ trail was going on in todays world of technology it wouldn't be on every mobile device also?

I dont find it disgusting. People evidently want to see it. thus why its a top story and getting the attention of non-stop coverage.
Sounds like you have a problem with society and technology and instant gratification.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
It just seems like if you have a problem with people watching it on their phone, you would also have a problem with them watching it on tv. The distinction between the two is what is weird.

Ding Ding Ding. In today's world of technology of everything connected their isn't much difference. they are watching the same thing on their phone you could be watching on tv.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Turning on CNN or ESPN and having the trial on isn't weird to me because you can be doing other things while it's on in the background but to have it playing on your phone or iPad means you're basically just staring non-stop at a murder trial. Fully engaged. That's weird. Whatever

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Turning on CNN or ESPN and having the trial on isn't weird to me because you can be doing other things while it's on it the background but to have it playing on your phone or iPad means you're basically just staring non-stop at a murder trial. Fully engaged. That's weird. Whatever

Maybe it's because they don;'t have a tv in front of them with it on?
What do you want them to do...DVR it at home and watch it later?

There is no difference.

and oh btw. Some new phones allow you to multitask.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Maybe it's because they don;'t have a tv in front of them with it on?
What do you want them to do...DVR it at home and watch it later?

There is no difference.

and oh btw. Some new phones allow you to multitask.

Eh maybe some people find trials fascinating. Idk whatever. Sorry to have offended anyone on this. I just found it odd that a murder trial is being offered on ESPN3 next to College baseball and Women's softball.

dawgs
04-09-2014, 01:00 PM

not sure why you are drawing the line there. people watch "TV" on their phones and ipads, and have them wirelessly connected with their actual TVs so they can stream the video from their phone or ipad to their real TV and it's just like turning the station on espn and watching it. and espn3 is the same for all platforms on which it is offered.

BoomBoom
04-15-2014, 07:52 AM
You are correct. Because when people break into a home the first thing they always do is go to the bathroom to take a leak. Still baffles my mind how he can wake up and not notice his smoking hot girlfriend is not in bed with him, hear a noise in the crapper, assume that is an intruder and not his girlfriend, and then shoot through the door without even asking, "Honey, did the Kung Pow platter not agree with you?".

he said something about contractors doing work back there and leaving a ladder and open window.

PassInterference
04-16-2014, 06:52 AM
That watching-TV-on-your-iPad creates a hell of a lot of high paying jobs for Americans. There is a semiconductor industry that built the chips. There is a consumer devices industry that built the iPad. There is an internet industry providing the backbone that these devices communicate through. There is a wireless telecom industry that built communication interface between the device and the internet. And finally there is a power utility industry that supplies the electricity for all of the above. Oh and I shouldn't forget the media industry that supplied the content for the device. Oh and the software industry that supplied the interface between the device and the media content.

Yeah, what a waste. Millions of employees. Billions, maybe trillions, in economic activity.

I'm just sayin.