PDA

View Full Version : Stock market taking a beating so far in the new year.

State82
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
When you're poor as a church mouse (like me) it doesn't hurt so much. But some of you big players are probably griping a little bit. What do the market gurus think about the coming year?

Goat Holder
02-11-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm young enough to just weather it. Or at least that what I told myself during 2008 and 2009, and then now. I have no clue what to expect, as I do not understand economics very well. Is it true that if you keep contributing to your accounts during bad times, that you are buying more stocks/bonds/etc., therefore pushing your gains up when it does return?

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm young enough to just weather it. Or at least that what I told myself during 2008 and 2009, and then now. I have no clue what to expect, as I do not understand economics very well. Is it true that if you keep contributing to your accounts during bad times, that you are buying more stocks/bonds/etc., therefore pushing your gains up when it does return?

Yes.

82, 500 point rebound the past week or so. I did expect about a 1500 point adjustment this spring, which may still happen. Many believe is will hit 20,000. It honestly doesnt matter unless you are a day trader or about to retire. If you are 20-50, set it and forget it. Max out your roths, 401s, hsas and espps and youll retire wealthy. Ive been doing it since i was 23. It takes a while and then.....ka-boom