PDA

View Full Version : True Detectives (HBO)

FlabLoser
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Their pilot episode just aired. Looks pretty good. The pilot was as pilots go - obviously just setting up the story line.

Its a mystery thriller type of show starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. There's a pretty good dynamic between those two characters. Harrleson is a trip with his dry humor and facial expressions. He cracks me up even though it isn't a comedy.

Those two guys were detectives who solved a strange murder 17 years ago. That case involved the murder of a female who was left nude with weird satanic like stuff placed around her. They solved that case and put the perp in prison. At some point after the case was solved, those two detectives went separate ways and apparently haven't seen much of each other since. And now they are each being questions about the details of that case because there's been another murder similar to the one 17 years ago.

Political Hack
01-19-2014, 09:08 AM
watched it. excited about the prospects. I love both actors. Woody Harrlyson is way under appreciated IMO.

He was awesome in Out of the Furnace, which I still can't believe got shitty reviews and no Oscar nods. It was an awesome flick. Best movie I've seen this year, although I didn't see most of the nominated movies.