PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Dawgs, What Did You Ask For?

BeastMan
12-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I asked for some Columbia fishing shirts and a DVD made by troutsupport.com "Catching Your Limit". It's a long DVD full of interviews from charter Captains aimed to help everyday anglers. It's gotten good reviews. The more you know right?

As far as for gifting, I got my dad a box set of vudu shrimp with a few of egret baits popping corks. 1 of my brothers wanted a headlamp for camping and I got him a top of the line led headlamp. My other brother works on a fishing boat in Alaska and does a ton of hiking and such in his off time so I got him a sweet hiking day pack that has a water bladder built in to the pack with the hose that runs through 1 of the shoulder straps.

This could be fun to update with what you got too after Christmas

Political Hack
12-23-2013, 03:34 PM
table top quick access hand gun safe. Santa better watch out.

FlabLoser
12-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Pretty ordinary stuff this year.

In previous years I bought my wife a DVR and another year, an HDTV. Gifts that keep giving.

Been thinking about a quick access safe. I've got kids old enough now to get into things they don't need to touch.

BeastMan
12-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Wife brought the heat this year (as she does every year)
-Carhart work jacket
-5 Columbia PFG fishing shirts (1 long, 4 short sleeve)
-13 packs of vudu shrimp. 26 total, every color they make. I do not see myself buying an artificial shrimp bait in the next 5 years minimum.
-2 vudu poppin corks
-an instructional speck trout dvd

A++ for wifey

ETA- My brother got me a fifth of Makers and bourbon stones. Anybody hear of these? He's on the west coast and says it's the hipster thing over there for whiskey. Basically it's 4 rocks a bit bigger than dice but exact squares like dice. You freeze them and them put them in your high ball for bourbon on the rocks. Never waters down your drink. Rinse them off an reuse.

Political Hack
12-25-2013, 10:40 PM
I haven't tried the stones but been thinking about getting them. I love the ice balls when I'm drinking an 18 year old scotch. chills it without watering it down. same concept except you will get a little melt.

the really high end nice ball makers are several hundreds dollars though. I'd rather buy a bunch of great scotch than spend it on that so I may have to try the stones soon.

BeastMan
12-25-2013, 10:57 PM
the really high end nice ball makers are several hundreds dollars though. I'd rather buy a bunch of great scotch than spend it on that so I may have to try the stones soon.

How in the world is an ice ball high end? I've been thinking about getting the mold that is the death star but now since I have the stones, I'll work with them for a bit

Bullmutt
12-26-2013, 05:50 PM
I use the stones but have been alittle disappointed that they don't provide as much chill as I anticipated. I use two; maybe the answer would be to try four. They just don't stay cold for very long once the liqour is poured. I know some people prefer metal ones. I've seen some egg-shaped ones that appear to be made of stainless steel. I'd like to hear if anyone has tried those.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 06:16 PM
How in the world is an ice ball high end? I've been thinking about getting the mold that is the death star but now since I have the stones, I'll work with them for a bit

http://www.japantrendshop.com/ice-ball-mold-iceball-sphere-maker-55mm-p-1076.html?language=en&utm_source=googlebase_en_USD&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=googlebase_en_USD&gclid=CKrQ8buCz7sCFU5o7AodgwMAzw

these are the kinda I've seen in the scotch bars I've been to. I think that counts as "high end???"

Barking 13
12-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Didn't ask for anything, but wife got me a power pedestal and custom butt/lean seat for my boat... ultra cool! Now I can use it to lean on when this old back gets to screamin'....

Found some other cool stuff in my stocking.....:cool: